Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    show pattern feature and tap pants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

show pattern feature and tap pants
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know if you can use the show pattern feature with the tap pants? When I try to show the fitted pant as my "show other pattern" over the tap pant it shows a really messed up fitted pant. Just trying to check the fit of the tap pant against the fitted pant to know if I need to adjust anything.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like the best thing to do for now is to show sloper as reference pattern. With the grid and reference lines turned on you should see a reasonable depiction of how they will fit.

There needs to be documentation put back into the User Manual or Help menu for how to use another pattern besides the sloper as reference. - Diane

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never use the show sloper as my pattern to see how things will fit. I have my own crotch creation as a default for me. The sloper uses the sloper before my adjustments which doesn't fit me, so why would I use it? I need to see how things will fit with my sloper not the programs' sloper crotch. I hope this gets fixed. Need to be able to see how things will fit me.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindy S:
I never use the show sloper as my pattern to see how things will fit. I have my own crotch creation as a default for me. The sloper uses the sloper before my adjustments which doesn't fit me, so why would I use it? I need to see how things will fit with my sloper not the programs' sloper crotch. I hope this gets fixed. Need to be able to see how things will fit me.

Cindy,
I have the same problem. So now I print out 25% scales and overlay them. I know this takes paper and ink, but if is the best workaround I have found.
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So now I print out 25% scales and overlay them. I know this takes paper and ink, but if is the best workaround I have found.

I guess I'll have to start doing that. Was so nice to just look at it on screen. Never have figured out why DS uses the programs sloper to check against things instead of our own adjusted sloper.

posted Hide Post
Print your 1/4 scale bodice and pant on overhead project clear plastic sheets..
hs the advantage you can walk into another room or out on the deck and study it while having coffee.. simply lay it evr your printed design 1/4 scale.

blouses match shoulder line and bust point/grain line
pants match from hems at top and grain lines
to see small changes in the crotch and legs
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Print your 1/4 scale bodice and pant on overhead project clear plastic sheets..
hs the advantage you can walk into another room or out on the deck and study it while having coffee.. simply lay it evr your printed design 1/4 scale.

Yes that is something I always have done. Only thing is you have to print out the pattern you're wanting to check. Would be nice to just quickly check on the screen with my sloper. That is why the 'show other pattern' is something I really used all the time.
The transparancies, though, are something I use all the time when I've got my pattern ready to print. First print is 25% and compare with my slopers. That way I know if the ease is what I'm expecting.