Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Princess Broken?
 Login/Join

posted
I understand the princess patterns are "broken" until the next update? Is this correct? Please, someone answer me...thanks.

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understand the princess patterns are "broken" until the next update? Is this correct? Please, someone answer me...thanks.

There have been no reports filed about any princess patterns and there are no plans to change any of them in the next update. One user reported getting more ease than she wanted with the princess jacket. Kaaren asked what setting had been used in the Fit Tool for "Wear Over". The "Wear Over" settings are provided for all outerwear and vary the ease one gets based on whether the jacket will be worn over a sweater (northern climate preference) or over nothing (southerners preference).

Leaving those settings at the default "Wear over oxford shirt" setting adds ease. You can get less ease with the "Wear over silky shirt" or "Wear over nothing" settings.

There were no reports of what setting was used, so we cannot tell if there is an actual issue or not. In that case, there are certainly no plans to change the program.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The princess patetrns are nto broken to my knowledge.the last thign I made was with this current version as a classic princess and it was just fine.

I did use the latest patch.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reason I couldn't post a problem report is that I do not have access to the chart of another woman. I do know she had clicked on the "wear over nothing" choice. When I made my jacket last year, I too chose the "wear over nothing" as I wanted it to be worn as a blouse. I find the look of a buttoned up jacket over a straight skirt to be very elegant, but in Fort Worth a buttoned jacket over a blouse can be oppressively hot. To fix my armhole jacket, I ripped it apart, cut off the seam lines, then sewed it up again using 5/8" seams again. The waist was too low, but only a fit snob would notice. It was much better, and I had it on yesterday at church. I didn't send in a problem report then because I didn't know how.

I suppose I should make a test from the 6.13 version and see how that works. I can't do it this week, but will do it next and send photos. Okay?

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The reason I couldn't post a problem report is that I do not have access to the chart of another woman. I do know she had clicked on the "wear over nothing" choice. When I made my jacket last year, I too chose the "wear over nothing" as I wanted it to be worn as a blouse. I find the look of a buttoned up jacket over a straight skirt to be very elegant, but in Fort Worth a buttoned jacket over a blouse can be oppressively hot. To fix my armhole jacket, I ripped it apart, cut off the seam lines, then sewed it up again using 5/8" seams again. The waist was too low, but only a fit snob would notice. It was much better, and I had it on yesterday at church. I didn't send in a problem report then because I didn't know how.

I suppose I should make a test from the 6.13 version and see how that works. I can't do it this week, but will do it next and send photos. Okay?

If you wish, but a problem report is better, includes your measurements, and is much easier to do. Run Dress Shop, draft the pattern you are having a problem with using the measurement set that shows the problem. Click on Help, click on "Submit a Problem Report" and fill out the short and simple form you get.

The problem report includes activation codes so we can setup Dress Shop to run just as yours is running with no other programs activated that you do not have activated. It also includes the settings you have in effect - ease amounts, added length, adjusted darts, wear over settings, etc. It also includes the measurement set you are using so we can see the same pattern draft that you are seeing.

The only thing it does not include is the sequence of keystrokes, clicks, and drafts that you did PRIOR to drafting the current pattern. On rare occasions, that is relevant. Usually it is not.

With the problem report, we have a prayer of duplicating what you are seeing. If we can duplicate it, we can fix it. If we cannot duplicate it, then there is either a procedural problem or a problem with your installation or your system. Or, perhaps it is gremlins.... ;-)

In any case, the problem report gives us a far, far, far greater chance of seeing what you see. Without that, all we have is vague rumors of an unreproducible problem that we cannot see and therefore cannot address.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post