Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Where do I find fabric suggestions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where do I find fabric suggestions?
 Login/Join

posted
Me again. I have Dress Shop 8. When looking at a pattern, is there a place with fabric suggestions? I'm looking at Blouse, Close Fit, Front Fit Tank Top. Is this pattern for knit fabric, or woven? Thank you!!!

Posts: 9 | Location: lovethemgreys@aol.com | Registered: 26 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aha -an important point!

There isnt a fabric suggestion per se. IF the fabric has a stretch factor, or the pattern name implies stretch or knit- you will find the amount of stretch listed in shaping and finish. NO stretch factor means it's designed as a woven.

Users apply our patterns in so many unique ways according to the concept they have of the garment they design - that we pretty much try and stay out of their way.

Designer rule #1 is we arent the fashion , construction police...You design it but really have to sort out if what you want is a flowing silky blouse, a conforming stretch fit or a flannel shirt and we give you the tools to change any pattern into one of ~ 5 fit classes and umpteen stretch percentages to conform to the environment your fabric is best suited to.

A "fitted shirt" can be a snug stretch pullover by deleting the closure, and making it stretch ( H18 or H 24 or even more for extra snug) and std fit and removing the waist darts and adjusting the neck. A nice rayon/silk blouse using std fit and not stretch, a soft flowing blouse by changing to semi or casual fit and removing waist darts.

In other words the design options are wide open and the user takes the responsibility along with the high level of choice to support their choices.

We give as many common named items as possible to give you a wide range fo default choices but you are the ultimate decision maker and DESIGNER of your garment.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post