Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

update 7.02
 Login/Join

posted
I recently updated to DS 7.02. When I look at my design, the pattern pieces are in a horizontal row. How do I get the pictures to appear correctly? Also, when making certain changes to design, large blocks appear especially when changing sleeves.
Thank you in advance for your assistance with this matter. Ann

Ann M. Brodeur

Posts: 5 | Location: Ashburnham, Massachusetts | Registered: 15 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure I understand your question. When the pattern pieces view in show all mode they are front, back, sleeve, collar.

You may view each piece by clicking on Front or back or sleeve ,facings or extras such as pockets, ties, belts etc.

when you click on print and select scale 25 or 100% the pieces come up one at a time in the same order they will print, select next piece to see the next pattern piece.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I recently updated to DS 7.02. When I look at my design, the pattern pieces are in a horizontal row. How do I get the pictures to appear correctly?

If you are referring to the Layout Tool, you arrange the pieces any way you like by selecting dragging and rotating them. If you are referring to the "Show All" pieces mode of the main pattern draft - there really is no "correctly" to that. It is arbitrary and not particularly meaningful since you do not print from that mode.

quote:
Also, when making certain changes to design, large blocks appear especially when changing sleeves.

I presume you are referring to the pattern illustration at the left, rather than the pattern draft itself. If there are missing illustrations for some option selections, we would need to know which garment and which option you had selected. There are illustrations for several billion combinations of these and it is rather difficult to guess which one you are looking at.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pattern picture used to show the pattern piece in its entirety. Now the pattern piece is shmooshed into one line. Like a cube that has been flattened.

Ann M. Brodeur

Posts: 5 | Location: Ashburnham, Massachusetts | Registered: 15 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
The pattern picture used to show the pattern piece in its entirety. Now the pattern piece is shmooshed into one line. Like a cube that has been flattened.

Ah, that's a different problem. When a pattern is drafted in the "Fit To Screen" scale, it must be rescaled after it is drafted so that everything fits on the screen. Normally that produces pattern pieces that are big enough to recognize. However, when you have a truly broken pattern (more on causes below), you sometimes get a line that drafts enormously big. In that case, when the pattern is scaled so that huge line fits on screen, the rest of the pattern is scaled down to nothing.

This usually happens when you are drafting a pattern that uses some measurement that has never been set - has a zero value. There are several measurements that can be ignored for most patterns, but if missing, will totally break some other pattern.

But, there can be other causes that are much more obscure, based on the pattern chosen, the options selected, the measurements used, and any adjustments that were made. Frankly, it is almost impossible to guess which of those to look at.

Fortunately, there is a very easy way to figure it all out. If you send in a problem report, from the program's Help menu, it will attach the pattern being used (including all settings and options) plus the measurement set being used. With that, we can easily duplicate what you are seeing and usually track down the cause easily. Usually.

In any case, please send in a problem report and we will be better able to tell you were to look. Sorry I did not realize what you were seeing when you first posted.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ann,

I had a problem like that just a few days ago. What I finally figured out when I really checked everything I could I found that I didn't have the right measurements up. They were some old measurements, but I will get rid of them now. Everything is working great now.

Bobbieann

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee maybe I should have read all the posts on her & I would have had my answer before I posted. I'm on digest & read everything at night so I'm bad today. lol

Barbara

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post