Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    surplice blouse - how do I cut this out?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

surplice blouse - how do I cut this out?
 Login/Join

posted
I've been looking at the surplice blouse and can't for the life of me see how to cut the front out to get both sides.

The pattern piece for the front shows the extension which I presume I join with the back at the sideseam but what about the other side of the front? how does this work?

I'm probably being really dense but can someone help me please?

Teresa

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The front is an open wrap, use a button or ties to secure

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Or as Teresa says, one or both sides can be stitched into the oppisite side seam. Obviously if you stitch in both sides you may want to put a closure in the back Smiler

I created this patterns as is to give max freedom on this closure issue. I'd seen it stitching on one side with a decorative tie on the other and a zipper closure in the back.

Greg Hightower

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks Kaaren and Greg.

I think I'm going to try it stitched on the inside and a mock tie on the outside with stitching underneath. That way I don't have to worry about the tie working loose.

Teresa

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post