Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    side seams not same length
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

side seams not same length
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,
I have been trying to perfect the sheath dress for many months. My problem now is trying to get the side seams to match. I kept thinking it had something to do with side length, but my experiments have not helped. I know fronts draft to front numbers and backs to back, but they do have to sew together. Can you explain how this works, or is it a programming secret?

Posts: 15 | Registered: 04 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Close the side dart as if it would be stitched on the paper pattern, clip with a binder clip, walk the stitch line of the front to the stitch line of the back. Send a problem report with the exact amount of difference.

Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am having the same issue. My front side seam is .75" longer than the back. I sewed the front dart closed, then tried to stretch the back side seam fabric, but it is quite difficult to stretch. Should these be the same lengths?
Cynthia

Posts: 17 | Registered: 08 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post