Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    No front darts on my bodice sloper is DS 9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No front darts on my bodice sloper is DS 9
 Login/Join

<according2thekitty>
posted
Hello Smiler I recently upgraded from DS 4 to DS 9. I am attempting to draft a basic bodice sloper with a side and waist dart on the front and a waist and shoulder dart in the back. The back pattern piece looks fine, but my front piece has no darts! I entered all the required measurements and double-checked them, and can't figure out what's going on. When I drafted this pattern in DS 4, I had excellent fit and my front pattern piece had a side and waist dart. What's going on with my pattern in DS 9- I am not flat in the front, so I am confused- thank you so much Smiler

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello I recently upgraded from DS 4 to DS 9. I am attempting to draft a basic bodice sloper with a side and waist dart on the front and a waist and shoulder dart in the back. The back pattern piece looks fine, but my front piece has no darts! I entered all the required measurements and double-checked them, and can't figure out what's going on. When I drafted this pattern in DS 4, I had excellent fit and my front pattern piece had a side and waist dart. What's going on with my pattern in DS 9- I am not flat in the front, so I am confused- thank you so much

Sorry, but the answer is in your chart and we cannot see that. You will need to send in a problem report (which sends your chart automatically) using the "Problem Report" option in your Dress Shop Help menu.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Hello I recently upgraded from DS 4 to DS 9. I am attempting to draft a basic bodice sloper with a side and waist dart on the front and a waist and shoulder dart in the back. The back pattern piece looks fine, but my front piece has no darts! I entered all the required measurements and double-checked them, and can't figure out what's going on. When I drafted this pattern in DS 4, I had excellent fit and my front pattern piece had a side and waist dart. What's going on with my pattern in DS 9- I am not flat in the front, so I am confused- thank you so much

Sorry, but the answer is in your chart and we cannot see that. You will need to send in a problem report (which sends your chart automatically) using the "Problem Report" option in your Dress Shop Help menu.

Got your problem report just as I posted this response. For any others that are curious, the answer is that the difference between the High Bust measurement (taken above the bust) and the Front Bust measurement (taken at the largest extent of the bust) determines how large the side bust dart will be in any Dress Shop upper body pattern.

So, if the bust dart size does not appear to be correct for you, those are the two measurements you need to check.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post