Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crotch Tool
 Login/Join

posted
I'm very confused. Sometimes the crotch tool is available for me to use & sometimes it isn't. How can I keep it available to me. I think I'm missing something very basic

Posts: 3 | Registered: 04 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You do have to have a pant pattern on screen in order to access the crotch tool, or it will be grayed out in the tool options.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I'm still confused.
I've started the program, and loaded pants1.pat, a pattern drafted w/ my measurements. "Mia is showing: Loaded Pattern drafted using a Woman's measurements." on the left. On the right is the pattern w/ views of ref lines & amts. In tool options, crotch is not highlighted, this time. Which pant pattern do I need on screen to access the crotch tool?

posted Hide Post
Pant1 is not the name of a default pant pattern but one you personally saved. The only thing I can think of is that this saved pattern has some glitch in it so that the program is not allowing the crotch tool to be used. My saved pant patterns all allow the tool use. All my saved patetrns were made in a saved full chart not a standard chart or wizard chart that was modified and I doubt that would have an affect but might.

I just checked a slew of patterns in my folders and they all worked with all possible tool options.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, then I will start over with my full chart measurements and basic slax and see what happens.

Thanks Karen