Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sleeve Darts
 Login/Join

posted
My sleeve darts in the boxy jacket, are too high up on my arm,showing on the chart its above my elbow,I have'nt changed any measurements in the overarm lenght at all,I wasn't thinking when I cut out my pattern, where the dart was,however I managed to change it, by lowering the dart position to the elbow.The fitted shirt dart is in the correct postion,bewildered as to why this is like this on the boxy jacket though.strange!

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The body jacket has an extended shoulder, the dart and sleeve length should ahve adjusted to the extension ( sleeve grows shorter as extension increases)

The dart is placed at elbow depth.

if the sleeve is shorter the elbow depth is also shorter.

To check elbow depth, check overarm length and elbow depth, measure down from cap and see if they jive
if shoudler is extended its over arm length MINUS extension for total sleeve length

same for elbow depth..elbow depth should be minus extension.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used the casual fit, over a silky blouse design.I rememberd in class the discussion, on the shoulder length extension for jackets too,and how it affects the sleeve.But something seems stuck there,Ive hit defaults numerous times to try and clear it,if I play with the tools, and try to extend or lengthen, its not moving at all,stays the same!Its actually a good fitting jacket,but a need to manually move the sleeve elbow dart, is no big deal really.I just wanted to bring this up, and see what else I can do about it.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post