Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    email notifications?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

email notifications?
 Login/Join

posted
I don't know how to have emails sent to my inbox from the list can you advise please?TIA Confused

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hi!

To get your notifications setup, use the "Go" tab and select "My Space" >> "Notifications".

You can then select how "All Forums" notifications will be sent to you. Take a look and see. If you have any problems, let me know here and I'll try to get you more info.

Oh, also of note: you will not receive your own messages. Kinda like normal email, you don't get a copy of your own posts, only the posts of others.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<LivingSoft Support>
posted
Go to My Space > Preferences and look for Posting Option. You can select Immediate Notification or Digests.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! Thanks Peggy Sue. I guess it's about time for the techie Board Admin to step aside and let the Pro's handle customer questions Big Grin

You folks are in good hands now.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Wanda Eikman>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
Hi!

To get your notifications setup, use the "Go" tab and select "My Space" >> "Notifications".

You can then select how "All Forums" notifications will be sent to you. Take a look and see. If you have any problems, let me know here and I'll try to get you more info.

When I go to Notifications under my space, I get a message that I do not have any subscriptins I click on all forums and the page turns off. I notice on this that it says "Notifications: Off"
what do I do now?

Wanda Eikman

Oh, also of note: you will not receive your own messages. Kinda like normal email, you don't get a copy of your own posts, only the posts of others.

<LivingSoft Support>
posted
Hi Wanda,

At the top where the "Tool" tabs are, click on Notify. this will give you the options to receive replys as well as posts.

I just found it. ;-)

I also just noticed that at towards the bottom of your reply window, there Confused is an icon with a flag on it. Click on that to select email notifications.

Still stumbling around in here. Has anyone found the spellchecker yet?? ;-)

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LivingSoft Support:

Hi all, the spell checker was an option that I didn't setup the first pass. Sorry. Normly I B such an good spiller, I knot kneed it Smiler

I'll put it's installation on my list of things to do.

<LivingSoft Support>
posted
ummmm..... I'd put that spell checker at the TOP of your list. Roll Eyes

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
I will, but when I checked with the Forum Host, they said it could be a little while until it's available to us on our plan. So until I can get it ordered, we'll all just need to type carefully Smiler

BTW: there are free spell checkers available that plug into your browser and spell check any entry field you use. That would work here as well. One example is ieSpell (for Internet Explorer). Others are available for Firefox, etc. Do a search for 'plugin spell checker' and see what you can find.

<Wanda Eikman>
posted
When will the e-mail notiications go out? I finally got my notifcations turned on but have not received any e-mails from this list. Just curious.

Wamda Eikman

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hi Wamda,

Daily digests seem to go out early in the morning.

Immediate notifications should only take about 10 minutes.

If this doesn't jive with what you think is going on, use the "Find" tab and search for notifications or email. Cool feature. If you don't find what your looking for or have more questions, we'll be glad to help. We are all learning both how to use this system as well as how to teach others to use it Smiler

<Vicki>
posted
If I go to the Notifications tab, it lists "All Forums". I've set up it up (hopefully!!!) so that I get the messages as a daily digest.

Will I be getting the messages from all the forums intermixed or will they come separately for each of the individual forum, i.e. DressShop, HatShop, etc? I looked at the help and it didn't seem to address this.

Is there away of secifying the forums that I want in my digest? Or am I not understanding the definition of "forum"? I'd prefer not to get the Doll Shop forum, etc since I don't own the software.

EekerWe'll see if I even know what I'm doing enough to get this posted to the list!

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
OK, this notifications thing is very powerful, but pretty complex as well. I've shut off the Notifications tabs for the moment. It can be very confusing and I need to write up a good FAQ on how to use it.

For the moment, the only Notifications you will be able to set up will be from your "Go" >> "My Space" screen. I think this is the one everyone wants anyway.

First look at the Posting Options on the Preferences screen. Set that the way you want it. Then take a look at your Notifications screen. If you have Notifications base on Subscribed Content, you may want to delete it for now and come back to it a little later once we all understand how Subscribed Notifications work. Wink

Click on the My Space tab and then click Notifications. Click the "edit" link to change delivery options or cancel the request entirely. You can also edit your preferences directly from the email you receive.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LivingSoft Support:
Hi Wanda,

At the top where the "Tool" tabs are, click on Notify. this will give you the options to receive replys as well as posts.

I just found it. ;-)

I also just noticed that at towards the bottom of your reply window, there Confused is an icon with a flag on it. Click on that to select email notifications.

There is no Notify on the Tools tab, only Help, which is no help at all!

How can I edit which forums I'm subscribed to? I don't want them all.

Mary Lu

Houston TX

Win2k SP4, IE 6, DS6Pro FD Suite 6.092, Ultimate Pants, Ultimate Outerwear, Essential Activewear, Activewear II, Illusions, Fashion Designer 1 & 2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer, Pattern Sets thru' 1046, Spring and Summer 2005 Collection, Xerox Phaser 2135

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Wanda Eikman>
posted
I have moved and have attempted to update my profile to show my new e-mail address, but so far, I haven't received any posts except a request to verify my e-mail address. What do I do now,I reqally don't want to miss anything.

Wanda Eikman, wleikmn@suddenlink.net