Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bust Span?
 Login/Join

posted
I want to ask a question about the bust span,I need a slight increase now,will this affect any other areas in my bodice sloper at all?

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will change the position of your bust point. That will affect the darts on your sloper, any garment with darts, and on princess designs.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about the angle, is that what you mean by dart?I know it will affect the position of my bust dart it will spread out further right?I need 1cm more in span.Thank you for replying Carolyn. Smiler

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Increasing the span will shorten the side dart. It should not affect the width at the side seam. With a shorter dart, the angle will be greater.

I always shorten my darts anyway with the bust offset. The shorter darts look better on me.

You waist darts should remain the same width but they will move out. The center waist dart (if you are using 2 darts) will always point to the bust apex. The outer dart will point directly under the point of the side dart.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carolyn thank you for the speedy reply here,I was afraid I may mess something up, by changing this wee thing,lol I remeasured the span and it is only 0.7cm I need to move out,my sloper fits so well too. Big Grin

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10