New
Find
Notify
Tools

sleeve cuffs??
 Login/Join

<Morgan Babb>
posted
I finally got a blouse sloper to work, it has taken years - with off and on efforts, a marriage, numerous moves and job changes, in addition to fit problems - but a couple of weeks at i got it.-- am now trying to see if the blouse pattern works well or not.

In cutting out the blouse and using cuffs with it I have looked as see no "V" cut guide to cut open the sleeve face with bias strips and to use that slit to attach the sleeves - as opposed to attaching them to the side seam - did it just not print or how do they attach?

I do need to add that I tried on my first pants sloper last night and could not believe it was perfect!!! After hearing about all the crouch problems I measured the crouch of a tight pair of jeans that are a PERFECT fit. I used this measurement and the one I had gotten and used a combination of both until I got the look on the screen that I thought would work.

Of course I am getting ready to move again, so not that I am ready to go there is another delay. Hope other users are near my new location

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In cutting out the blouse and using cuffs with it I have looked as see no "V" cut guide to cut open the sleeve face with bias strips and to use that slit to attach the sleeves - as opposed to attaching them to the side seam - did it just not print or how do they attach?
-------
Ah.you need to select a vent for the sleeve.
when you do the vent line will mark ( and ill tell you where to put it) you will also get a classic sleeve tower placket if you have mens' activated.

to set vent line you need to 1 select a cuff type on mia, then go to sleeve and determine sleeve vent height.,that is also where you select cuff width and the cuff overlap.

if not you can self bias, pipe or use a regular rectangular sleeve vent afcing ( dont like that one personally)

now since you are printed heres what to do
fold the sleeve in half on the vertical,(lining up underarm front and back stitch lines) then in half again.. you have now quartered the sleeve at the bottom..the crease closest to the back underarm seam is vent position .

decide HOW high you want the vent to run up the arm.. but you may have to reprint the cuff.to set the button placement and overlap and even width.

IF you change cuff width reprint the sleeve as well as the length will self adjust.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post