Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    6.17 Princess Concerns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.17 Princess Concerns
 Login/Join

posted
I tried to send an error report but received errors.

When I draft the armhole or shoulder princess bodice, the side seams on the side front do not draft.

Princess coats, jackets and tunics produce large "humps" on the side seam of the side panel where a dart would typically be. These look unsewable.

Should I try sending another error report or can others reproduce these?

Renee Wuenstel

Posts: 97 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry - I am using DS 6.17

posted Hide Post
do send a problem report which will attach your chart...

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, sent it. It seemed to go through this time.

posted Hide Post
Bob;
my armhole princess bodice front has no side seam, and the armhole princess blouse side seam is drafting wacky thought you would want to know. laura dressshop 6.17

Posts: 104 | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
my armhole princess bodice front has no side seam, and the armhole princess blouse side seam is drafting wacky thought you would want to know. laura dressshop 6.17

Hi Laura,

I have seen the missing side seam in the princess bodice and will get that corrected. Regarding the wacky side seam for other princess patterns, I cannot tell you without a problem report. I have received several such reports. 2 of them had a real problem and I have a patch that corrects it. But, those two cases were unusual combinations of armhole depth and bust dart width that triggered the problem.

I have had other reports about bulging side seams that were not an actual problem. The princess pattern side seam has been changed to be pulled inwards at the armhole. This eliminates excess fabric there, making the pattern narrower above the bust mound. This change is not, therefore, a bulge. But rather a narrowing above the bust level. If you see that and consider it wacky, then we cannot help you unless you try it and it does not fit. If you have something more extreme than that, then I have a patch that might help. I cannot tell which case yours is without seeing a problem report with your measurements.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BOB,
My armhole princess blouse is great.
What had originally made the side seam off kilter was that I had changed my DS num to the num from MPD(armhole depth and side length) thinking since my MPD patterns are flawless I would use those num. What I have learned from this is how to balance my DS armhole. So I do not need to send in a problem report. thanks laura

Posts: 104 | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My armhole princess blouse is great.
What had originally made the side seam off kilter was that I had changed my DS num to the num from MPD(armhole depth and side length) thinking since my MPD patterns are flawless I would use those num. What I have learned from this is how to balance my DS armhole. So I do not need to send in a problem report.

Thank you for letting us know.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<karmi>
posted
Not so much princess concerns as update concerns
If I download the 6.17 update now, is that sufficient - or do I also need to download the patch/es?

Thanks Bob

Reply With QuoteReport This Post