New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS Pro 7 Questions
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking at Dress Shop Pro 7 and have several questions:
1. Is there a limit to the number of people I can have measurements for?
2. Is it possible to email a pdf file of Mia wearing the design to someone else for viewing?
3. When ready to print, is it possible to email it or save to a disk to send a copy shop like Kinkos to be printed on their large format paper?
4. I need to make a pattern for a knit top with raglan sleeves, turtleneck, and an open circle in the back. I found how to get the raglan sleeves on a shell, but I want a close fit without darts. Also used the short teardrop back closure. Is there a way to make the back opening larger? Is there a better way to get the design I need?

Thanks for your help.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 15 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posted 15 October 2007 11:10 AM
I am looking at Dress Shop Pro 7 and have several questions:
Q: 1. Is there a limit to the number of people I can have measurements for?

A 1.
Ds allows about 35 measurements sets per My measurement file. You can create more than 1 file by changing the file name slightly to MyMeasurements2 and keep another 35. MPD has unlimited resources- keep as many as you like. I have well over a 100 charts in each file.

2. Is it possible to email a pdf file of Mia wearing the design to someone else for viewing?

A: You can screen capture the Mia art and paste into a paint program or print to a pdf program. Alt+prnt screen works.

3. When ready to print, is it possible to email it or save to a disk to send a copy shop like Kinkos to be printed on their large format paper?

A: Yes
4. I need to make a pattern for a knit top with raglan sleeves, turtleneck, and an open circle in the back. I found how to get the raglan sleeves on a shell, but I want a close fit without darts. Also used the short teardrop back closure. Is there a way to make the back opening larger? Is there a better way to get the design I need?

A You can change the dimension of the back closure length and height- but, that doesn't create a circle- creating your basic dimensions you can easily use a compass or even coaster or saucer to pencil your circle. You can select no darts in the darts option and you can insert a stretch factor compatible to your fabric useing the fit option , any entry even 1% will change the raglan from a darted raflan to a stretch raglan (undarted) sleeve.

sorry meant to answer this earlier and it go put aside.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. You were very helpful. I'm glad this software has all these features.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 15 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post