Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    MPDvsDSPro - sewing for others
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPDvsDSPro - sewing for others
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Kaaren - I'm about to start next bride +bridesmaids- not sure which programme to use.Probably doing this all wrong but what I do is take full chart DS measurements (but not trousery ones- bit scary for new clients!)Would I be better using MPD? Also which programme is currently best for princess style.Hope you are having a lovely summer
LornaUK

DSPro MPDPro +add-ons

Posts: 4 | Location: Edinburgh Scotland | Registered: 01 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Kaaren - I'm about to start next bride +bridesmaids- not sure which programme to use.Probably doing this all wrong but what I do is take full chart DS measurements (but not trousery ones- bit scary for new clients!)Would I be better using MPD? Also which programme is currently best for princess style.Hope you are having a lovely summer
LornaUK

I feel the new revised drafting code in MPD is more advanced and accurate. DS was good and each update and new version was an improvement over what was before. MPD is another giant step forward.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi

I sew for others and use dressshop MPD all the time. I sew bridesmaid and bridal gowns as well as flowergirls and mother of the bride and groom. I also own Dressshop and use it software as well. I have been really pleased with the results. Bob has been really swell in providing a quick response when I run into a challenge. However, I would like to see new patterns for Dressshop I am still learning how to use MPD. I was very happy to see the halter tops with the different versions of empire waist. How about a halter top with princess seams in Dressshop. Are you all still taking pattern suggestions for Dressshop or only My Pattern Designer.

Owner of all Dressshop versions and My Pattern Designer
Barbara

Barbara

Posts: 9 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sew for others and use dressshop MPD all the time. I sew bridesmaid and bridal gowns as well as flowergirls and mother of the bride and groom. I also own Dressshop and use it software as well. I have been really pleased with the results. Bob has been really swell in providing a quick response when I run into a challenge. However, I would like to see new patterns for Dressshop I am still learning how to use MPD. I was very happy to see the halter tops with the different versions of empire waist. How about a halter top with princess seams in Dressshop. Are you all still taking pattern suggestions for Dressshop or only My Pattern Designer.

There have been various posts and emails sent out about Dress Shop versus MPD development, but I guess it is still not clear. In December of last year, I left Livingsoft and began a new company called My Pattern Designer. MPD is a development company, where my interests mostly lie. Livingsoft is a publishing company, an area of the business that I do not have as much personal interest in.

Each company contracts with the other. The Livingsoft publishing company provides order entry, shipping, telephone support, and email customer support services to MPD for a fee. In turn, MPD provides Dress Shop fixes, updates, and technical support - my answers to posts or to problem reports. These are provided as a contract support service.

New development happens only at MPD. New patterns, options, design changes and fit improvements will happen in MPD. Periodically, some MPD working patterns will be migrated to a Dress Shop addon product, as was done with the Spring 2006 Collection. That product included 25 patterns, taken from the many MPD patterns that are not included in Dress Shop. There will be occasional other products built for Dress Shop in a similar fashion.

But, the new development is only occurring at MPD at this time.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm behind in my reading obviously, but Bob's statement in this discussion ("New development happens only at MPD.") causes me to be disappointed in LivingsoftNW. The statement was made (by Greg Hightower on 2/15/06):
"There will continue to be development in both Dress Shop and My Pattern Designer."
Bob's comment says the company discarded the development of DS in December before Greg made this statement which was made to reassure us DS owners.
sadly,
Wren

MPD Pro, DS7 Pro, UP, UO, Illusions, EA, EL, FD1 & 2, FT, PD & many add-on patterns

Posts: 31 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post