Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Speaking of necklines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of necklines
 Login/Join

posted
In the previous topic, the subject was necklines. Not having a computer for awhile, I am not sure if the necklines in the children's clothing were made larger. I especially have had trouble in the standard sizes of the oversized shirt pattern I use with the pajama bottoms. The shirt was very short, and the neckline was unwearable. I remember hearing that changes would be made but have not had time to investigate. Any info?

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the previous topic, the subject was necklines. Not having a computer for awhile, I am not sure if the necklines in the children's clothing were made larger

I cant find the previous post you are refering to regarding necklines. But the childrens default necklines were made both wider and deeper for greater ease in "pulling on" when there is no closure. That change was a very long time ago.

A jewel neck is not designed to pull over for a child or an adult.A closure opening or selecting a scoop or Vee neckline is suggested.

The crew neck is one of the most popular necklines for children. But wasnt released till the men's collection came out.It is also in MPD as a catalog choice for any top.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was about a year ago. I was using the front button closure but the neck opening crawled up the neck, making the top button useless. Thanks for the changes and the info - I'm off to start making jammies for my year old grandniece, Aubrey. Red hair, blue eyes, and a cackle that would charm a curmudgeon!!

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post