Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Fixing a Crotch Curve
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fixing a Crotch Curve
 Login/Join

posted
wow! I tried out my first pattern: the loose, comfort fit pants. I'm floored! I made a mockup, and they fit! nice and smooth over the front and hip, comfy around the legs; no tweaking for a week. I LIKE it. Big Grin

Only thing, I think I need to adjust some measurement somewhere, because it has a really sharp crotch point (which under other circumstances could be interesting). The simplest thing is to simple smooth out where the point sticks up and make a permanent pattern with it fixed. But, I take it as something needs adjusting in my measurements.

Which measurement did I get wrong? Inseam, front curve, back curve.....?

Posts: 8 | Registered: 15 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by costumer:
wow! I tried out my first pattern: the loose, comfort fit pants. I'm floored! I made a mockup, and they fit! nice and smooth over the front and hip, comfy around the legs; no tweaking for a week. I LIKE it. Big Grin

Only thing, I think I need to adjust some measurement somewhere, because it has a really sharp crotch point (which under other circumstances could be interesting). The simplest thing is to simple smooth out where the point sticks up and make a permanent pattern with it fixed. But, I take it as something needs adjusting in my measurements.

Which measurement did I get wrong? Inseam, front curve, back curve.....?
You never specified front or back of crotch that has a point,that way someone will try to help you on this. Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops! sorry. Actually both seem to do it. It's kinda like having two fishhooks meeting. They still match up, but I know it shouldn't come up in a point like that, it should be more of a big U.

posted Hide Post
If you think the front and back crotch measurements are okay, I'd start by decreasing the inseam a teeny bit (1/4 inch).

Posts: 15 | Registered: 22 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would check your crotch lengths- sounds like they are both overlong for the amount of crotch depth.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks! I think I've got it fixed. What I ended up doing was looking at the front and back curves of a "standard size" pant that is roughly my store size, and then lessened the inches on my set until they got to looking about the same.

Since I can't see down there on myself, I took the crotch measurements from a well-fitting pair of pants that I have. did the ease in the pants mess things up??

posted Hide Post
Those well fitting pants that gave you measurements are a nice idea- however they already have ease so when you use those measurements as your "body measurements" and more ease gets added ( crotch ease) not abd or hip ease then you wind up with "too much".
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post