Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOw do we buy?
 Login/Join

posted
I have seen several patterns I would like to purchase but I get the note that it is part of an unreleased pattern set...is there a way to purchase these or do we wait for them to come out as part of a collection? Specifically I was looking at the Sundress. Thanks, Michelle in Texas

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they ahve to be released first.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But the sundress has been released. At least it isn't grayed out on my program. Have sundress short sleeved and tank and yoked all on my system. Perhaps if you call the number for sales at livingsoft they can figure it out for you.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figured out how to do the sundress myself...I used the bodice two piece dress and changed the neckline and skirt...should be just fine. Thanks for everyone's replies.

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Michelle, when a pattern is grayed out, you can still click on it and it should show on the pattern screen which collection it is from. The Sew Quick Summer Summer Casuals requires DS build 6.10 or later. Here's a link for a sale good through August 3rd, that tells you how to order.
https://livingsoftnw.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/310103341/m/285105491

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DressShopBob>
posted
quote:
But the sundress has been released. At least it isn't grayed out on my program. Have sundress short sleeved and tank and yoked all on my system. Perhaps if you call the number for sales at livingsoft they can figure it out for you.

There are 4 sundresses listed in various Dress menus. In the Fitted Dress menu, there are 3 sundress patterns that came with Spring and Summer 2005 Collection.

But, in the "Two Piece Dresses" menu, there is another sundress pattern that came with Essential Patterns for Girls and Addon 7, a long discontinued collection. I had thought that all of the patterns from the old addon sets were included in some current pattern packet, but this one does not appear to be. We'll find a place for it.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Diane: I do have the Quick Summer Casuals...the Sundress is grayed out...when I click on it, it says it is an ureleased pattern, when I click on BUY IT, I have no idea what collection it is in and could not find it. Very strange.

<DressShopBob>
posted
quote:
Hi Diane: I do have the Quick Summer Casuals...the Sundress is grayed out...when I click on it, it says it is an ureleased pattern, when I click on BUY IT, I have no idea what collection it is in and could not find it. Very strange.

Hi Michelle,

Sorry, my earlier comment on this pattern was incorrect. That pattern appears to have been dropped when it became redundant. Basically, it is a bodice top waisted dress with shoulder straps set to 1". When this pattern was first released, Dress Shop did not include the tools and settings that have since been added to it. At a later date, as the Neck Tool was enhanced to make it possible for anyone to make this pattern from the bodice top waisted dress, we felt it was padding the menus to list it as a unique pattern, rather than a simple adjustment of another pattern.

If you load the Bodice Top Waisted Dress, then use the Neck Tool to set the shoulder straps to 1", you will get the old Sundress. That pattern was disabled when it was found to be redundant. Usually those are just removed from the menus and I will remove this one now, too.

So, if you want to make it, select the bodice top waisted dress, neck tool, shoulder straps, Strap Width = 1" and you will have the old Sundress pattern.

<DressShopBob>
posted
quote:

This pattern was an orphan that got left out of the conversion from addon sets (long ago) to pattern packets. With the next update, I have added it to pattern packet 1040.