Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Burda 8/2005 Pant design
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burda 8/2005 Pant design
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, if you get the Burda Magazine, there is a great pant waistband treatment in the 8/2005 issue that I am sewing....Using slim fit pant, 20% stretch factor for the fabric, and played with the shape of the leg a little. Took out some in the inner leg so I could have a tighter fit.....there are two bands totally about 3 inches wide down from the waist with 2 large button tabs in front.

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds SO CUTE! I am going to look for that magazine. Thanks for the heads up!

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I subscribed to it about a year ago and find that every month they have a pattern I want to copy....so I overlay it onto a DS pattern that is close in design.....

posted Hide Post
I subscribed to this magazine a few years ago, but didn't like the styles at the time. Now I have changed my mind. I put it on my birthday list, but didn't get it, so I guess I'll have to buy it myself.

There has been a lot of discussion elsewhere about a twist tee in the April(?) issue. Too late for that one, too.

Carolyn

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I like that one, too and it is also on my list to make....good design if not too top heavy.

posted Hide Post
Can Burda magazine be found at the newstands or bookstores, or do you have to subscribe?

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't usually see it at bookstores but some sewing stores carry it. You can subscribe at http://www.glp.com

posted Hide Post
I use to find Burda at Pages for All Ages...but you had to get there early in the month. That is the only bookstore I could find it in....so I subscribed. I am feeling a little like the step child....I haven't gotten August's mag. yet. :-( Cheryl

mail to: gasc61944@verizon.net

Posts: 13 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this magazine in english or german?

Nancy A.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tina:
I don't usually see it at bookstores but some sewing stores carry it. You can subscribe at [URL=http://www.glp.com]http://www.glp.com

I think you gave me the wrong link...this one is Good Life People ???

posted Hide Post
I made the twist top and am wearing it now with my new slim fit capris made using the new crotch extension formulas. I think it looks rather nice. Burda WOF has had some great styles lately.

Laura

Posts: 15 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laura, did you use a DS pattern as your basis?

posted Hide Post
Michelle, sorry it is GLPnews.com

posted Hide Post
It is in many languages but I get the English version

posted Hide Post
Carolyn, I'm positive McCall's and Burda had the twist top pattern in their store catalogues, but I don't see it on their websites. Look in the store catalogues before the Fall books come out. It is a top with an empire line and the upper bust portion has a long extension which crosses and twists with its counterpart then gets stitched into the empire line and side seam.

Nancy, Burda is now published completely in English - magazine text and pattern instruction insert. The pattern pieces are overlaid on each other with different colours and line styles. It looks a mess at first but is easy once your get your eye trained. There are no seam allowances.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post