Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re buttons
 Login/Join

posted
I don't see my buttons for front,back, sleeves etc,I know theyre there, but it won't show up on screen when I check my blouses or anything,noting has changed recently for me in the window,is there anything I can do to correct this please?I tried to search back as I thought there was a post about this here.Thanks Kindly Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't see my buttons for front,back, sleeves etc,I know theyre there, but it won't show up on screen when I check my blouses or anything,noting has changed recently for me in the window,is there anything I can do to correct this please?I tried to search back as I thought there was a post about this here.

Another user reported this and I saw it on my system as well. I believe that there has been an Internet Explorer update that changed its user window size. Not certain though. In any case, I revised and replaced the patch on the Dress Shop update page - the one that refers to Internet Explorer 7. If you have this problem (the buttons at the bottom of the screen, below the pattern draft are off the edge of the screen), get and install that patch again.

Hopefully, Microsoft will not change IE7 further. Hopefully.... ;-)

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board Administrator:
quote:
I don't see my buttons for front,back, sleeves etc,I know theyre there, but it won't show up on screen when I check my blouses or anything,noting has changed recently for me in the window,is there anything I can do to correct this please?I tried to search back as I thought there was a post about this here.
I went to the site to look for the patch,it was there but with bold red letters that I wasn't able to click on.

Another user reported this and I saw it on my system as well. I believe that there has been an Internet Explorer update that changed its user window size. Not certain though. In any case, I revised and replaced the patch on the Dress Shop update page - the one that refers to Internet Explorer 7. If you have this problem (the buttons at the bottom of the screen, below the pattern draft are off the edge of the screen), get and install that patch again.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have Fun!

Posts: 11 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This new pat ch for the window buttons is nice, but for those with the wide screen it didn't help, I canbarely see the top of the button. Could we please have a patch for that also. I'm running IE7.

Thanks, Marcia in redrocks

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went to the site to look for the patch,it was there but with bold red letters that I wasn't able to click on.

Sorry, broken link. I have fixed it and reposted that page. Please try it again now...

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My screen is 17" will that be ok to install patch on here too?

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
This new pat ch for the window buttons is nice, but for those with the wide screen it didn't help, I canbarely see the top of the button. Could we please have a patch for that also. I'm running IE7.

I do not have that type of monitor to test a patch with. But, I have done what should be needed to make it work. If you could try it and let me know, I can replace the other patch with this one. If it works....

Patch is at:

http://www.LivingsoftNW.com/builds/DressShopPatch2.exe

Hope that will work for you...

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
My screen is 17" will that be ok to install patch on here too?

The screen size in inches does not matter. It is also no longer a matter of resolution in pixels. It is the code method by which Internet Explorer reports the available screen size to an application (like Dress Shop). IE used to report the full actual screen size. Now, it appears to be reporting the part of the screen available to an application. So, that part of the screen that IE uses (menu bar at the top, for instance) is no longer excluded from the number provided to the application.

The problem has been that Dress Shop asks IE for the amount of screen space available, gets a number that is no longer defined the same way, and then adjusts Dress Shop's work area to fit the wrong available space.

In any case, the latest patch that I just posted for Marcia (redrocks) does not resize the screen at all. It just leaves the Dress Shop screen in whatever size it last ran in. Usually that is full screen size. If you manually resize it to some smaller window, then rerun the program, it will stay in that size now.

Since Dress Shop no longer forces the program to be full screen size, it will no longer get too large, based on the change in IE. At least, that is what I believe should happen. It needs to be checked on more monitors than we have available to be certain.

Bottom line, though - this should work on any monitor in any resolution, with any version of IE, as far as I know.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I do not have that type of monitor to test a patch with. But, I have done what should be needed to make it work. If you could try it and let me know, I can replace the other patch with this one. If it works....

Patch is at:

http://www.LivingsoftNW.com/builds/DressShopPatch2.exe

Hope that will work for you...
This patch doesn't fix the problem, of my burried buttons.Sorry to be a pain here.I can hide the you know what! to see the buttons if I use DS,its ok on MPD.Thanks Smiler

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
This patch doesn't fix the problem, of my burried buttons.Sorry to be a pain here.I can hide the you know what! to see the buttons if I use DS,its ok on MPD.

There are two patches. The one I gave a link to in a forum post or the one that is linked to from the Dress Shop downloads page? Which one did you try?

posted Hide Post
The website one is still red,and I downloaded the one from the link you gave me.Neighther change for the better unfortunatly sad to say.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
The website one is still red,and I downloaded the one from the link you gave me.Neighther change for the better unfortunatly sad to say.

"The one on the website is still red." Does that mean you did or did not download and install it? I did not change the color of the prompt when I made it download properly.

As to the other patch, it will put the screen up in the same size you last ran in. If that size was too large for your display, then it will still be too large for the display. Resize the screen until it is not too large for your display, then use the File - Restart program to rerun Dress Shop in that size Window. If the Dress Shop window expands to full screen again, then you did not get that patch installed properly.

posted Hide Post
I have tried both patches, rebooted the computer and the buttons have not changed.

Marcia in redrocks

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

"The one on the website is still red." Does that mean you did or did not download and install it? I did not change the color of the prompt when I made it download properly.

As to the other patch, it will put the screen up in the same size you last ran in. If that size was too large for your display, then it will still be too large for the display. Resize the screen until it is not too large for your display, then use the File - Restart program to rerun Dress Shop in that size Window. If the Dress Shop window expands to full screen again, then you did not get that patch installed properly.
I did try both links, plus the one on the website which was still red, but I was able to click on it,Ive also done as advised in resizing, to no avail yet.Those links were zip files,which i did unzip properly, and checked the correct desination it was unzipped to.I wonder if it best to uninstall DS and redownload again?