Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

kid's sizes
 Login/Join

posted
I was trying to make a tee shirt for my grandson, size 5T. My commercial patterns only go to size 4T.

I checked Dress Shop children's sizes, and there are no toddler sizes. I don't know much about sizing children's clothing (never had kid's; I married to get these).

Is there a significant difference between toddler sizes and plain sizes for children?

I embroidered a cute toddler with a cranky expression saying "that's it! I'm going to grandma's". I'd like to put it on a tee shirt for the 4 year old.

Fyfee

got it all. Running Dress Shop 6.19 and MPD pro; doll shop, home dec and hat shop

Posts: 34 | Location: Renton, Washington | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posted 10 March 2007 07:24 AM
I was trying to make a tee shirt for my grandson, size 5T. My commercial patterns only go to size 4T.

I checked Dress Shop children's sizes, and there are no toddler sizes. I don't know much about sizing children's clothing (never had kid's; I married to get these).

Is there a significant difference between toddler sizes and plain sizes for children?

IF at all possible attempt to get a chest size for the child in question.

Then pick the size "closest " to that chest.A childen's size five has a total chest of a little over 23 inches- and a total height of a little over 43 inches. Childrens sizes go from newborn to size 6x/7. Then the larger childrens sizes are split by gender boys and girls.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

In the Size menu, select Standard Sizes. For body type, select "Children". The sizes in that chart go down to 3 months and include sizes 5 and 6.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post