Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cami dresses
 Login/Join

posted
What exactly is a cami? In DS it is not apparent to me what exactly a cami is.

thanks

Patti Hamel
DS6.092, All Addins
IE6.0, HPLJ 1012

Posts: 28 | Location: Utah | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
cami? In DS it is not apparent to me what exactly a cami is.

quote:
What exactly is a cami? In DS it is not apparent to me what exactly a cami is

In the lingerie silhouettes it is a camisole -- but it stops at the waist and can't be lengthened to abdomen level like RTW camisoles

Gayle in Cincinnati
DSPro 6.10 ... all tools

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A cami is anything that has the camisole type wide rather deep neckline.

Its applied to several other non lingerie type garments .

open DS, open file, preview and preview the Essential lingerie colelction to see it in its natual habitat.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just posted a photo of the cami tiered dress in Kaaren's club pages.

For those of you who can't get there I will posting a temporary photo on my website and will send out the url for that afternoon.

I liked Nancy's pose by the door so much that we used for this photo also.
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Cathy>
posted
quote:

Very nice Linda...thanks for sharing...seeing others work always insires me as I am a newbie still. What type of material did you use?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cathy:
quote:

Very nice Linda...thanks for sharing...seeing others work always insires me as I am a newbie still. What type of material did you use?

Cathy,
Thank you. The fabric I used is a woven cotton. It is a lighter weight cotton. It is a matter of touchy feely to get the right weight sometimes.

I forgot to mention the other thing about this dress. I wanted to make it quickly so taking all the measurements were out of the question. I used the standard Misses RTW measurement that had the same bust,waist and hips that I was looking for. I made two minor adjustments to the shoulder length and the bust depth. The other width I changed was to the ab and hips, and these were less than 1/2 inch.

We all get a little nervous using the standard measurement chart and I am not too sure if I would it personally for me, but for someone who is pretty proportionally built, it can work.
HTH,
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob posted photos of the tiered red cami dress to the livingsoft website.

You can see them here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/Products/SewQuickPix.htm

Thank you Bob,
Linda Flint

posted Hide Post
Linda F. wrote:
quote:

Very pretty, Linda. You can really see it well in the picture that Bob put up on the Livingsoft website. That red looks great on your daughter.
Elsa

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great dress Linda. Wow! you whipped it up after the update was released? You're fast.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linda,

The dress looks great .. the daughter looks great and her smile just lights up the whole screen. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 12 | Location: Fleming Island, FL | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your kinds words about my daughter.
It is so sweet of you.
She loves the dress and is planning more things for me to make.
We just got fabric today to make a cap sleeve raglan.
Linda Flint