Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    How To Determine What Patterns I Own
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How To Determine What Patterns I Own
 Login/Join

posted
Way back during DS4 and DS5, I purchased Add ons 1-13. I have been away from DS for some time and just recently upgraded to DS7 Pro. How can I determine what Add ons 1-13 are? I have looked at the Pattern Packets, yet can't seem to figure this out. Any help?

Posts: 55 | Location: Alamosa, Colorado | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Luz>
posted
Seems like I remember something about the Add-on's or collections being consolidated into the drop down menu. I never bought Add-On's so I don't know how they use to show up. When you go to the pattern menu and select a garment type the light gray are owned and the dark gray are not. You probably already figured that out, thoughSmiler Kaaren would remember but she's probably still trying to recover from the lastest testing cycle. Luz

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess what I'm looking for is "add on # 1 is the same as pattern packet(s) xxxx". I've looked through some of the pattern packets and it seems I have some of them, but I wonder if they are the same as what I already have. This would help me decide what additional pattern packets I might want to purchase. Also, I am wondering if the add ons that I purchased are additional or are they just standard in DS7 Pro now.

Posts: 55 | Location: Alamosa, Colorado | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess what I'm looking for is "add on # 1 is the same as pattern packet(s) xxxx". I've looked through some of the pattern packets and it seems I have some of them, but I wonder if they are the same as what I already have. This would help me decide what additional pattern packets I might want to purchase. Also, I am wondering if the add ons that I purchased are additional or are they just standard in DS7 Pro now.

Most of the Dress Shop 4 addon pack patterns were incorporated into later versions of Dress Shop Pro. I found an old web page that lists which patterns were in each addon and you can see that here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DS4/Addons.htm

This is an obsolete web page, with bad links and those addons are no longer available. But, for those that own any of them, you can see which patterns came with each.

To find which patterns you do not currently own, the best way is to use File - Settings - Show Not Yet Enabled Patterns in Menu for Previewing. Your pattern menus should then list every pattern in Dress Shop, whether you own it or not. Those that are highlighted with a darker grey background are the ones you do not yet own. If you draft one of those, you SHOULD see a popup box that tells you which pattern collection it comes with, including which pattern set it is in. Many patterns are not included in a pattern set, though.

Hope something here helps...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, this was the answer I was looking for. I can now look at the add on link to see what I got with each. Also, the info to change my File-settings helps me see what I don't have. One question -- the last sentence about "many patterns are not included in a pattern set, though", do you mean these are part of the "collections" rather than as part of a pattern packet?

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
One question -- the last sentence about "many patterns are not included in a pattern set, though", do you mean these are part of the "collections" rather than as part of a pattern packet?

Yes. All patterns are initially released as part of new collections and those generally provide the best pattern pricing. Some are later released in the smaller pattern packet form, but not all. Not even most. There are many more patterns in the collections than in the packets.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post