Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    pattern as jpeg for printing?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pattern as jpeg for printing?
 Login/Join

posted
I have DS on my computer; DH has the plotter connected with his. How can I get the info to his computer so that my patterns get printed via the plotter? Can I save a pattern as ajpg and send it to him? What would work?

Posts: 13 | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have DS on my computer; DH has the plotter connected with his. How can I get the info to his computer so that my patterns get printed via the plotter? Can I save a pattern as ajpg and send it to him? What would work?

Sending JPG files would not work for many reasons that I won't go into here as this will be long enough without that.

If you can send files to your husband's computer, that suggests that both of your computers are connected to the Internet? If so, then they are probably connected to each other as well through a local home network. If that is so, then you can have your computer print with his printer.

First, on his computer, you need to set his printer to be "shared". Start - Control Panel - Printers - View printers - Right click on the plotter and select properties - Sharing Tab - set it to be shared.

Then, on your computer,you need to add that printer. Same sequence as above, but instead of View Printers, select Add a Printer. Use the Wizard there to find the plotter and add it to the printers available on your computer.

Then, in Dress Shop, you can set up plotter support and select that device as your printer of choice.

While each of these steps is quick and easy if you know exactly what you are doing, they each come with a dozen ways to go astray and every step has to be just right for it to work. So, take it slow. Read every prompt carefully, do test printings as you get close, and ask here again if you get close but not quite right.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post