livingsoftnw.groupee.net
Sloper

This topic can be found at:
https://livingsoftnw.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/700108521/m/1450001207

20 October 2022, 04:30 PM
Andrea LaVergne
Sloper
Where can I find the "sloper" pattern so that I can test out my new measurements? It's been too many years!!!!
21 October 2022, 03:30 PM
Helen M. SA
I have Win10, so for me it is the Purple Menu bar: File, Preview Default Patterns, Fit Test Garments (in DS9).

Helen M
Sth Australia
DS9 Pro
Ultimate Outerwear,
Ultimate Pants.
Add Ons 1 - 14,
Pattern Sets 1044,1046, 1049,1050. & other.
Autumn 2009
Ultimate Lingerie & Loungewear '23

Windows 11 x64 Pro
Canon IX6860
22 October 2022, 08:57 AM
Andrea LaVergne
Thank you Helen, I knew it had to be easier than I was making it!
Andrea
22 October 2022, 09:14 AM
Andrea LaVergne
I can find the bodice sloper pattern in Fit Test Garments (DS9), when I select it I get a message to use Please use "Size"menu-Fit Test Patters to use these patterns. I then went to the Size menu-> Fit Test Patterns and the bodice sloper is not available to select. I want the bodice but not the blouse. I have the pattern in the Fit Test Garments, so how do I get to use it?
23 October 2022, 01:57 AM
Helen M. SA
Hopefully Anna is monitoring the Discussion, if not can you get a problem report off from help menu?. Beginning to look like the bodice sloper is no longer available.

I am finding a few patterns I have owned for years are now being made unavailable due to coding/fit issues. If I switch on the sloper/base size (?) overlay view I find that not all the pattern pieces are aligning over the garment pieces.

When I look at the test fit torso sloper it looks like there is a little more ease in some parts compared to the ones the Dress Shop Bob used, so it may be that Anna has put in some changes that improve fit.
24 October 2022, 09:01 AM
Andrea LaVergne
Thank you Helen, I'd forgotten about the "problem" report. It's been a long time since I have made changes to my measurements so I am noticing that many things have changed in using the sloper with a pattern. Sleeves are not aligning, nor are many of the top patterns.
Andrea
24 October 2022, 10:40 PM
Anna Nguyen, Dress Shop App
DS9 has not changed. Everything still works the same as they have in the seven years since I took over Dress Shop.

Re. "Fit Test Patterns"/"Fit Test Garments": I do "Size -> Fit Test Patterns" which brings up the "Fit Test Garments" view, wherein the three options are: "Blouse Sloper", "Pants Sloper", "Torso Garment (optional)". There is no "bodice sloper". A "bodice sloper" would be just the top part of either the blouse sloper or the top part of the "torso garment".

When I need a "bodice sloper" I draft the "blouse sloper" and use the part above the waistline. (To show lines of high bust, bust, under bust, waist, etc. I turn on "Measurement Display -> Reference Lines Only" or "Measurement Display -> Lines and Values"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anna Nguyen, Dress Shop App,

--
Anna
25 October 2022, 07:14 AM
Karel Riley
I think where the confusion comes in is that LONG ago there once was a bodice sloper. I remember using it.
25 October 2022, 08:43 AM
Andrea LaVergne
Anna, I have the Sloper Bodice print out from my original, and it is still listed in File->Pattern Defaults->Fit Test Garments-> Bodice choice plus 5 other choices (Women's and Mens). At some point the Bodice, Casual and Torso, and the Mens Pants and Shirt were dropped, but under the Fit Test Garments I still have the CorelDRAW Files.
25 October 2022, 02:43 PM
Anna Nguyen, Dress Shop App
Karel: ah, that makes sense!

--
Anna