Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    What is the easiest way to save posts with the new list format?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the easiest way to save posts with the new list format?
 Login/Join

posted
I always read lists online. With Yahoo groups or the old Lyris group, any information I wanted to save was easily "filed" in My Documents in specific folders by clicking "File" and "Save" and sending the post where I wanted it to go. I found this to be far easier than printing things out. I tried to do that regarding Kaaren's "Yoke Post" but could not figure it out. I highlighted the text, copied, and tried to paste into a .txt folder in my Dress Shop notes I keep in My Documents. Didn't work. Frowner There's probably a simple way to do this that I'm overlooking. Any ideas? Thanks much!

Linda in VA

Posts: 86 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I highlighted and copied your question to test, then pasted into my word Processor - it worked fine. I then saved to a file I have for DS. Try again! Ruth

Ottawa, Canada - DSPro 6.092, FD 1&2,Princ. Designer, Illusions, Ult. Pants & Outerwear, Add ons 1-14.
XP 2,IE6, Canon MP700.

Posts: 8 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ruth,
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Yes, I can do what you describe but the problem is that in a topic that has many posts, they all savethey all save, even though I only have one highlighted for "copy". Any idea how to extract and save just a single post from a topic that has more than one or two posts in it? This method of saving notes has worked so well for me for years. I refer to them often when I'm using Dress Shop or my sewing machine/software. Thanks for your response.

Linda in VA

quote:
Originally posted by RuthK:
I highlighted and copied your question to test, then pasted into my word Processor - it worked fine. I then saved to a file I have for DS. Try again! Ruth

Posts: 86 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linda in VA:
I highlighted the text, copied, and tried to paste into a .txt folder in my Dress Shop notes I keep in My Documents. Didn't work. ~ Linda in VA

Open the text document. Go back to web screen. Sometimes the mouse cursor is a little touchy, and practice makes perfect. Highlight text, right click mouse, select Copy, then move to your document and Paste, either by CTRL+V; Edit, Paste; or right click mouse, select Paste. When I run into a problem highlighting only the text I want copied, I'll sometimes highlight a few letters less at each end of the text. Then after pasting it into the text document, go back and type in the missing letters. Or, copy and paste all, and delete what I don't want.

When using simple copy and paste from some websites you may run into Rich Text Format, which you probably don't want. In my case, using WordPerfect program, I'll select Edit, Paste Special, and select Unformatted Text. ~ Diane

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think what you want to do is select just a certain amount of text. Place your curser at the beginning of the text, and hold down on the shift button. then move the mouse to the end of the text to copy and click the mouse button again. This will highlight only the text that you want.
If you want to export a certain message, I haven't found out how to do that yet if possible.

quote:
Originally posted by Linda in VA:
Hi Ruth,
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Yes, I can do what you describe but the problem is that in a topic that has many posts, they all savethey all save, even though I only have one highlighted for "copy". Any idea how to extract and save just a single post from a topic that has more than one or two posts in it? This method of saving notes has worked so well for me for years. I refer to them often when I'm using Dress Shop or my sewing machine/software. Thanks for your response.

Linda in VA

quote:
Originally posted by RuthK:

DS6.092 Standard
Fashion Designer 1
Dress Shop Essential Patterns for Girls

Posts: 21 | Location: Stranded at Grand Lake in NE Okla. | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are two other features you might be interested in. On the Tools button at the top of each topic thread is a "Printer Friendly Format" option. It helpfuly includes the URL of the page. There is also an "Email a friend" option which puts it all into text. Of course that friend could be yourself if you want a soft copy of the whole thread to keep.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the messages come into my inbox. Then I can simply read each response and if it is something I want to save, I file it to my Dressshop info file. I use Mozilla, so don't know how that would work on other browsers. I have a file for each area I want to save. DS Codes and receipts, DS information etc. Works for me.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cindy are youhaving them come individually or in digest form?
Duckie

DS Pro 6.13 --
with everything,
Hat Shop,
Home Dec,
IE 6.0.2800,
Win XP SP1,
HP Deskjet 6800 wireless

Posts: 34 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have them come individually.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post