Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Princess Lines
 Login/Join

posted
I was wondering if there is any way to have princess lines just in the front and not in the back?

I am working in DS8 Pro and clicked under options and then Dart and Pleat and there is front and back princess options so I clicked on: Back Princess Choices, No princess line, hoping that I would get rid of the princess seams for the back, but nothing happened, is this an option for the princess patterns? Or am I stuck having both front and back and I will have to piece the two back pieces together and create a solid piece?

Thank you for your time, Sharon

Posts: 11 | Registered: 18 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! DS8 Pro and later Find the princess tool in Design Tools!
You just have to load a princess style design first from File> Load
Then on the upper tool bar find Design Tool . then Princess Line Tool

Select just the front, and the type of princess - regular ( to hem)or disappearing to pocket or pleats- there's a full menu of options.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Karen,
Thank you for responding, I did as you said, but I still have a princess line in the back.
I will tell you step by step what I am doing. I loaded the "Casual Princess Shoulder Jacket", then under Design Tools, I clicked on: Princess Line Customizer, then under "Back Princess Line" I clicked NONE.. but in the pattern, there are still "two" pieces. I added a peplum to the jacket so I thought, maybe remove that, but still I get the back princess line so that was not the problem.. I can send you a screen shot of the project as well. But this is pretty basic, I just don't understand why it is not doing what it is suppose to?

Thank you once again, Sharon

posted Hide Post
Hi Kaaren again,
I have been playing around with the princess tool again, the "no back princess line" works in blouses but for some reason not in that jacket I am trying to make.. is there a reason for this?

posted Hide Post
I will run that past the programmer. just tried it and it didnt behave- but I have beta files on and they can be 'difficult'.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
somethigns wrong- submitted to programmer to check it out.
k

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Thank you Kaaren.. :-)

posted Hide Post
OK here's a quick solution for now:

Load the princess jacket of your choice (fit/length etc) , print, front, facings,linings and sleeve as desired

Load the fitted Blazer back-make sure armhole depth and shoulder extension and fit class are identical to your princess selection- repeat that :adjust any lengths/ fits that you might have selected to be the same as the princess jacket. Print the back

Should go together like butter!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Kaaren, I will do this as recommended. Now I am assuming that on the next update there is going to be a fix for this problem with the princess lines for the jackets?

Thank you so much for your time..
Sharon

posted Hide Post
Yes

patrns4u@aol.com