Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pattern Packets
 Login/Join

posted
Kaaren I would like to "preview" a couple of the pattern packets before I buy them - much like the Add-on collections in my DSPro 9 software. Is this possible to do & if so how do I do this? Thanks so much for your help

Posts: 61 | Registered: 22 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kaaren I would like to "preview" a couple of the pattern packets before I buy them - much like the Add-on collections in my DSPro 9 software. Is this possible to do & if so how do I do this? Thanks so much for your help

Sorry, there is no explicit packet preview method.

There is a way to look at any individual pattern you do not own, but it is awkward. Use "File - Load Pattern" and navigate to the Dress Shop program folder. On Vista or Win7 systems, that would be at:

c:/Program Files (x86)/Livingsoft/DressShop/

On WinXP systems, leave out the (x86) bit.

Once there, look for the folder named "PatternDefaults". It contains all Dress Shop patterns, owned or not. They will all load as preview only. Some in there are old and may not longer work. As far as we know, though, those that are offered on the Livingsoft web site all work. The older broken ones were from older collections that have been discontinued.

In any case, you can preview any pattern there, though loading them is somewhat tedious....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Karen - that worked perfectly. My only question is about the sports bra. When I go to it the pattern itself doesn't look like the sports bra in packet # 1003. # 1003 looks like a sports bra I would buy in a store but the one in my program looks like a "normal" bra. Hope you can help me - I have a really pretty cotton lycra print that's been in my stash for years & now I'm ready to cut into it. Thanks!

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hi- from File> load > Lingerie I get a sports bra. One piece front, scoop neck back and straps- the regular bra has cups, bridge, back and straps.

Kaaren

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dress Shop,

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. I guess it's the picture of the bra "Mia" is wearing - It has very narrow straps & looks kinda like a "crop-top" bra. Sorry - I should have looked a little closer at the pattern. Egg on my faceSmiler

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
You can adjust strap width!! or even use purchased commercial straps.. No problem.
Kaaren