Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Measures remaining fixed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Measures remaining fixed
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I would wish to know why certain measures in standard sizes do not modify according to sizes (example: " floor to knee " 45.72 cms and " inseam " 74.93 cms, of the size 2 in the size 40) nevertheless the difference of size between 2 and 40 is of 11.43 cms. It is all the same very important on the height and the length of crotch on the way model of which displays. And it seems to me difficult to use standard sizes as it is.

Best glances

Fdc

Posts: 4 | Registered: 21 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would wish to know why certain measures in standard sizes do not modify according to sizes (example: " floor to knee " 45.72 cms and " inseam " 74.93 cms, of the size 2 in the size 40)

Vertical measurements are based on height.
A size 2 that is 5'X" and a size 16 of the SAME height may well have very similiar vertical measurements. If you were saying the around body measurement of a size 2 versus a size 10 did nto change- I'd want to take another look (there have been many hours of research put into these standards.)

One of the main issues we all may have with commerical garmentsand patterns is that when they are graded up to the next size- there is a presumption the persom GREW taller cm per size.

I can assure you my once youthful size 5 body did grew- out - but I never gained any height.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post