Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    how to show top and bottom on mia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how to show top and bottom on mia
 Login/Join

posted
hello, I am fairly new and have just upgraded to DS7, I am only able to show one outfit on Mia at a time, How do I put a top and also show a skirt or trousers at the same time. I have looked thru help and also a quick view thru discussion group, what step am I missing.
Chris

Dress shop 8.04 Standard

Posts: 11 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once upon a time long ago we had this ability- to retain a top n bottom pattern view on Mia, BUT we only had a few dozen patterns. Even Dress Shop now has over 700 patterns in the total collections and MPD has over 100,000!

Sorting through that much art and displaying it (as each "piece" necklines, sleeves, closures etc etc is separate art) became so large it would slow down the program to a crawl.

Choices were made...great, fast custom patterns or custom art of outfits...

You can of course print out your summary(s) of multiple pieces and play paper dolls with the Mia dressed in the various pieces you design and cut them out and overlay them for a blouse, slacks, jacket...or try your hand at drawing over your very own body shaped croquis for a realistic view of your designs.

Personally I dress my mini mannequin in the pattern pieces with darts pinched and taped and fronts and back taped together to get a view of the pattern lengths, fit/ease levels for a too realistic view. You would think this would encourage me to exercise more.......

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you, at least I know it was not me having a senior moment. I have a niece that loves paper dolls so will use this option.
chris

Dress shop 8.04 Standard

Posts: 11 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post