Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Managing your stash
 Login/Join

posted
Here's the pot calling the kettle black and Im doing one of those true confessions posts.

The collection we are working on requires fabrics suitable for men's wear.

Fuscia and Aqua are not exactly ideal..so I determined I'd go to this fabulous little behind the house fabric shop located about an hour and a half away ( MOrrisville right off Rt 20 in upstate Ny- Joyce's Fabrics)

Joyce carries everything from sweatshirt fleece with dyed to match ribbings,La Costa Knits and mountains of ribbings in a very tiny space.

All kids of windbreaker, swim trunks nylon and mesh, a little bit of shirting .

So off I went to "stock the stash" for wonderful knits and ribbings.

I wont tell you what I spent cause I won't even admit it to myself.....out loud.But, when I got home with the back of my Equinox groaning under the weight..I decided geesh marie.better attack the sewing room.

started at 5am and just finished nearly 5 hours later.(no-its NOT bare but I also tossed 2 trash bags full of old patterns!) The design wall is empty!

and what did I find......navy, black and white interlock in BULK ( yea I paid almost 6/yard for navy black and white....yesterday!and I already had it!)

In a very real sense an expense of nearly 70 bucks on just those fabrics when I already had it in stock!

hmmmmmm...... so what Im gonna say now ( close the gate after the horse is loose....)

Take a bit of time and look thru your stash, take snippets of fabric with to "match or coordinate to" and shop smarter than I did yesterday.

Now.with my sewing room in a state I can at last work in ( the paper scrap was so deep on the floor ...it was DISGUSTING!) and my fabrics sorted and ready to consider for which projects...

Im ready to SEW...an entire new wardrobe for Caesar!.(I might have enough done for me.gggg well maybe not! I did get some gorgeous stuff in My colors....)

what I dont finish before October Ill ship to my winter home....this stuff is too young to leave "home alone" all winter.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen you in a very long time but I still love your sense of humor and logic!
Wanna come organized my sewing room?! Please?????

Posts: 147 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post