Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    help with windows 10
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help with windows 10
 Login/Join

posted
I have doll shop deluxe, and I want to use it on windows 10. I can get the program to open, but the page where I enter a new doll measurements is only partly shown. I can enter the information, but the save button is not shown. I have set the compatability to windows xp service pack 3. Can anyone help me.

Posts: 3 | Location: United States | Registered: 04 July 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "Save " button being disabled can mean that Windows has messed up Dress Shop's activation data and Dress Shop now thinks you don't own Doll Shop anymore.

Try activate your products again: open Dress Shop, the "File -> Activate Products", enter your Dress Shop ID & password and click "Activate".

Posts: 47 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 11 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just installed it on windows 10 a few months ago, and at the time I still had my acativation code. Since then I have lost it. I have the disk still, but the code isn't written in the pages that came with it. The disk has to be well over 10 years old, and my email address has changed at least twice since then due to new internet providers, so I can't just request help by email. The only thing that hasn't changed is my name and address in 17 years. But I don't know if that is of any help.

Posts: 3 | Location: United States | Registered: 04 July 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not that it isn't activated, the problem is that the full start up screen isn't showing. I get the information about which version I have, I click on that to continue. I can select a doll, and I can choose to enter new measurements. from there I can scroll right both left and right, up and down and enter the measurements, but the rest of the screen can't be seen, including the save button. I can see the top of the garments screen, when I click on it it tells me that I need to save the measuremnts first. Which I can't do if I can't see the save button. I can also still see the tops of 3 help buttons.

posted Hide Post
I see you own Doll Shop 4, purchased in 2003. That is a very old version of Doll Shop. We no longer support that version. Also, it's unlikely that it will run on newer versions of Windows such as Windows 10.

I will email you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anna Q. Nguyen,

Posts: 47 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 11 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Judi, Have you by any chance changed your display settings from 100% size type to a larger percentage? I like to make the size of things on screen larger to see them better but this can make some pages or programs not show everything on the screen. Only by reducing the display setting back to 100% or less can I see all the content on the page ( like save or print buttons). Thought this might be something to check. Good luck.

Posts: 38 | Location: Richmond Missouri | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post