Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    how to 8 inch betsy Mccalls
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how to 8 inch betsy Mccalls
 Login/Join

posted
I just upgraded to version 7 pro. I've used dress shop but not doll shop. I am wanting to make/find measurements for an 8 inch Betsy Mccalls. I do not know how to do this. Then help PDF was no help.

I tried to choose a doll that is close like they said, but there does not seem to be one choose.

I tried to put in my own measurements, but there is no doll choice in body types. I entered any doll, and then tried to edit measurements, but cannot find one of the quick measurement sets. Did those go away with version 7?

Any way I have no idea as to how to go about entering measurements for my own doll.

Sandy E

Posts: 2 | Registered: 04 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Open Dress Shop, click size, several dolls are listed including the Abby Rose which is a self the actual doll not just the clothes- click more doll measurements - the Betsey McCall doll is listed.

To add new measurements I have always loaded the Abby Rose, go to enter change measurements, click NEW, enter yoru chart, save as whatever name you wish.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Open Dress Shop, click size, several dolls are listed including the Abby Rose which is a self the actual doll not just the clothes- click more doll measurements - the Betsey McCall doll is listed.

The Betsy McCall listed there is the 14" model. Sandy was asking about the 8" model. There are many, many models of dolls out there and the measurements vary. Those that are included in Doll Shop Deluxe were all hand measured by someone, just the same way you measure a person. The numbers are entered into the measurement chart, slopers are done, and eventually a new measurement set is confirmed by someone. The only major difference between perfecting a doll measurement set versus a human's is that even a quarter inch is critical. Adjustments must be in eighths of an inch. Breaking a pattern is very easy and perfecting the measurement set is challenging. On the other hand, dolls are firm, do not care about wear ease or movement ease, and can tolerate a too tight or too loose fit in some areas of their body better than a human can. For a doll, how the garments hang is more important than how they feel.

If a new doll measurement set is perfected by somoene and sent to Livingsoft, it will be shared with other Doll Shop Deluxe owners in that list of standard doll measurements provided with Doll Shop Deluxe. But, there will always be many dolls out there that do not make that list.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, now I know how to add a new set of doll measurements. I was making it too hard.

Next question though is what has happened to the measurement sets that have fewer measurements. Did they get removed? They were great for quick non fitted things.

Sandy E

Posts: 2 | Registered: 04 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may use a standard merasurement file or the measurement wizard for quick charts any time you like but they are scaled to women, men, and children.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Next question though is what has happened to the measurement sets that have fewer measurements. Did they get removed? They were great for quick non fitted things.

The short chart was folded into the measurment wizard, long ago. I think that if you use the Wizard, select the body type similar to what your doll looks like (child, woman, or alien lifeform for Barbie, perhaps), then enter the height, bust, waist, hip, and inseam values. You will get a decent starting chart. The next page in the wizard is the 24 measurement chart you were asking about. But, unlike the old 24 measurement QuickFit chart we used to have, this one will now have starting values in it that are reasonable to work from. Some guidance of what amounts MIGHT make sense for a human of that height and that MIGHT approximate what the doll will have, too.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post