Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Doll Shop  Hop To Forums  Doll Shop Topics    Bitty Baby measurements
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bitty Baby measurements
 Login/Join

posted
I am sewing a dress for my niece, who lives in another state, and have been asked to make a matching one for her Bitty Baby doll. Does anyone have (or know where I can get) the measurements for this doll?

Blessings,
Laura in IL

DS Deluxe 6.14
EP for Girls, Ultimate Pants, Illusions, Princess Designer, Activewear II, Fashion Designer 1

Posts: 15 | Location: Crystal Lake, Illinois, U.S. | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Ali>
posted
Sorry, I don't have that doll to measure, but I believe there are commercial patterns available for her.

Ali

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ali,
I appreciate the information about the commercial patterns. If I have to got that route I will, but I was hoping to be able to use DS.

Thanks again for the quick answer,
Laura in IL

DS Deluxe 6.14
EP for Girls, Ultimate Pants, Illusions, Princess Designer, Activewear II, Fashion Designer 1

Posts: 15 | Location: Crystal Lake, Illinois, U.S. | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laura, you might try http://www.google.com and use keywords ["Bitty Baby" measurements]. There were lots of references but here's one of the links that actually shows measurements: http://www.simplygracedesigns.com/Pamamom/DollyF.htm Some of the other results might show more.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Ali>
posted
Well, the very next best thing would be to buy a Bitty Baby. Smiler It would be great to have one for her at your house, too, when she visits. and she'd be there full time for you to design her the best wardrobe yet. Smiler The second hand stores might have these come in fairly regularly because they are a pretty popular baby doll. You might want to check the yahoo groups and see if there is one for Bitty Baby. If so, I'm sure they would have the measurments, or be able to take them. Best of luck on your search!

Hugs,
Ali

Hugs,
Ali

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ali and Diane,
Thank you both for your help.
I had tried to use the measurements that I was able to pull off of a web search, but I ended up with some strange looking pattern pieces -I just couldn't get the proportions right with so few data points.
I ended up buying a commercial pattern this morning and will work off of that for now.

Thanks again for the suggestions. If this first matching set is a big hit with my niece (who turned 3 yesterday), I may get a Bitty Baby for our house to be a model for future projects (and to receive visitors, of course).

Blessings,
Laura in IL

DS Deluxe 6.14

posted Hide Post
I measured my Bitty Baby a while back, and the dress I made turned out well. If someone can tell me how to email a set of measurements, I'll share them for you to test.....

Kathy Warner

Posts: 81 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kathy,
IF you have Windows and IF this works for you, I would love to try the measurements that you used.
If you open the page in Dress Shop that lists the Bitty Baby measurements and press CTL + "Print Screen" key, that should copy whatever is on the screen. That picture can then be pasted into Microsoft Word or any other word processing program and sent as an attachment (depending on your email program, it may even paste directly into the email).
I had to paste two pictures when I tested it, because not all of the measurements would show on the screen at the same time.

My email address is: okaachan@netscape.net

There may be a much easier way of doing this, and I would love to hear if the program is set up to transfer measurements, but this is what I could come up with for now.

If the method that I described gives you any trouble, please don't put too much effort into it. I am set for the moment with a commercial pattern, and I very much appreciate the thought on your part.

Blessings,
Laura in IL

DS Deluxe 6.14

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kathy Warner:
I measured my Bitty Baby a while back, and the dress I made turned out well. If someone can tell me how to email a set of measurements, I'll share them for you to test.....

Kathy Warner

Kathy, I would love to test the measurements for you if you can email them to me at
dollmaker1955@yahoo.com and will let you know how everything turns out after I make it.

Thanks so much,
Connie

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kathy,
I'm doing the palm-smack against my forehead -just a copy/paste the page into an email - what a great idea!
It came through perfectly in the email. Thank you very much.

Blessings,
Laura in IL

DS Deluxe 6.14