Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom-fit Software: measuring weekend
 Login/Join

posted
In the Phila. ASG's new Custom-fit Software SIG, members are committed to making computers and software programs do the work of custom-fitting garments...so the sewists can concentrate on designing and finishing really special garments. We have a weekend of specials coming up on Saturday, Oct. 14, and Sunday, Oct. 15:

- A "measurement special" on Saturday, Oct. 14, in St. Davids. Two of our "gurus," working as independent contractors, will do for-pay measurements and, if desired, slopers for people getting started with custom-fit software:

Selma Whitaker (SWhita6apa@aol.com)
measures for DressShop and My Pattern Designer

Doris Schappell (doris@schappell.com) measures for Pattern Master

If you're ready to take the plunge with custom-fit software (or if your shape needs a bit better definition), you may want really good measurements. Here's your chance. Anyone wanting to be measured should email one of these ladies directly and make personal arrangements about schedule and cost. (Marj Jensen supplies only the location in St. Davids.)

On Sunday, Oct. 15, from 1:30 to 4:30 pm in St. Davids, we're having a special weekend meeting. Regulars will probably bring patterns, slopers, "wearable muslins," or finished garments. "Newbies" are most welcome: whether you lurk in on-line chats, look at the online demos, own software that you haven't yet mastered, or simply are curious about marrying computers and sewing, please come for an informal look at works in progress. Special: Have a piece of fabric in your stash that makes you wonder, "Why did I ever buy that?" Bring it along and we'll have an informal fabric swap.

All are welcome, with clothes for show and tell, questions about custom-fit software, queries ...or just want to "talk sewing" with others. Our meeting place is about a mile from the intersection of I 476 and US Route 30; it's a block and a half from the St. Davids train station on the R5 SEPTA line. See you Sunday, October 15.

Marj Jensen
Southeastern PA 19087
(email RSVP to marjjensen@aol.com for headcount and/or directions)

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post