Find
Notify
Tools

Working meeting July 18 in St. Davids
 Login/Join

posted
Friends, let's get to work! We have...

- beginners who're putting together their first software-generated patterns
- experienced users who're making everything from daily-wear robes to special-occasion outfits
- "I'd like to try it" people who want the measurement wizard to get them started

...and everyone in between.

So, grab your measurements (either on paper or in a file), your measuring tape and sewing implements like pins and thimble, paper and tape if you're assembling a pattern, $1-a-yard test fabric or real I-want-to-wear it fabric, and whatever else strikes you.

We're going to have a real working session, drafting patterns, cutting out and assembling garments, and checking fit. Wherever you are in your current project, gather it up and bring it to work on...or plan to help one of the others. It's also "stash-exchange" time (which we do every now and then): got some fabric you bought way back when and now can't understand why? Someone else may find a good home for it!

Since we're expected to be in the midst of heat wave - PA style - on Tuesday, let's stay in for lunch. I'll have a big bowl of chicken salad: just chicken, celery, walnuts, and creamy dressing. Bring a handful of fruit or some cheese and crackers or whatever else you want to add. RSVP so I'll know how many chickens to pluck.

All are welcome, whether you're simply curious about making garments using custom-fit software, you're a regular user, or you're gaining experience. If you need directions for driving (and/or possible car pools) or for the R5 SEPTA line, email me privately. Meeting is from about 10:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post