Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Custom Pattern Software User Groups  Hop To Forums  Greater Philadelphia (NJ, DE too)    Greater Phila. Users’ Celebration on Tuesday, Dec. 13, in Warminster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greater Phila. Users’ Celebration on Tuesday, Dec. 13, in Warminster
 Login/Join

posted
At Brenda Dobin’s home in Warminster from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., on Tuesday, Dec. 13, we’re celebrating that Selma Whitaker has been named a DressShop Educator! This celebration recognizes Selma’s potential value to several groups of people:

- You’ve lurked on the discussion groups and/or looked at ads and articles about pattern-drafting software, but you think you’ll need help to get it working for you.

- You’ve put aside your fine sewing skills because fitting your “atypical” shape from commercial patterns is too much of a hassle.

- You’d like to sew for people who live far away, but you have no way to ensure that what you make will fit.

- You’ve dipped a toe or dived into pattern-drafting software, but your garments need “tweaking” for you to be really satisfied.

We have an active user group here in Greater Philadelphia - southeastern PA, southern NJ, northern DE and MD. Now, in addition to help from other users, we’ll formally have access to Selma’s extensive know-how about DressShop software, fitting, and sewing...in essence, how to turn our stashes into well-fitting wardrobes! Want to know more?

Brenda will give directions to the meeting when you RSVP to her email: brendad@comcast.net . Her Warminster home is about 40-45 minutes northeast of Marj’s home in St. Davids. Selma is driving her van from Paoli and picking up Marj; if you’d like to be part of that car pool, email Selma: Swhita6apa@aol.com.

All are welcome, whether you have DS clothes for show and tell (we’re looking forward to seeing Sylvia’s grandmother-of-the-bar-mitzvah wardrobe), slopers to be fitted (i.e., why’s this sleeve not laying right?), questions about pattern-drafting software (how do I get DressShop to make me a pattern for this idea in my head?), or just a wish to “talk sewing” with others.

Marj Jensen
Southeastern PA 19087

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post