livingsoftnw.groupee.net
Custom Sleeve Tool

This topic can be found at:
https://livingsoftnw.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/990100214/m/824104215

12 October 2005, 12:20 AM
<liverpool>
Custom Sleeve Tool
I am having a problem with the Custom Sleeve. When I choose this tool it seems to be stuck on a Bishop Sleeve (I have never used this style) and I cannot remove it or change the style in any way. Even when I press Default it remains on the Bishop sleeve. Has anyone else had this problem, or can tell me how to fix it.
Dorothy

DS6.13 Pro
12 October 2005, 05:31 AM
Carolyn Brown
The custom sleeve tool allows you to create your own sleeve. It starts out with a sleeve with pretty much no ease. You enter numbers or drag the points until you get what you like.

It's not for everyone, but you might be able to create something that you can't get by starting with one of the regular sleeves and using the Edit Sleeve tool. It depends on what you want.

Be sure to look at the shape of the sleeve, not the shape of the drawing on the left.
12 October 2005, 05:53 AM
Kaaren Hoback
You need to select custom sleeve on MIA then the sleeve tool to design your own sleeve.

Its not going to modify an existing sleeve its litteraly starting from scratch and doing as you ask.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com
13 October 2005, 01:07 AM
<liverpool>
Hi Kaaren and Carolyn,
Thank you both for your replies. It is not that I do not know how to use the Custom Sleeve tool. I meant that it seems to be stuck on what looks like a Bishop Sleeve and no matter how I try to change it to another style it will not change. Even when I call up another pattern and try to style a sleeve, I still get the Bishop.
I am glad to see you are back Kaaren, does this mean you will be starting your classes soon. Lucky you in Vegas, my favourite place.
13 October 2005, 05:42 AM
Kaaren Hoback
te hee.not back yet.im sitting in a hotel somewhere on rt 40 in Arizona.

Body is still on east coast time... so waiting impatiently for DH to wake up!!

may get in today and get my house opened up and back on line normally by weekend.

I will look at the sleeve tool in more detail but I seem to be getting the sleeve pattern to work from this laptop right now.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com
13 October 2005, 05:49 AM
Kaaren Hoback
You knwo you can "pull nodes" or make very specific numeric entries, then after clicking redraft see the patetrn change.

But nothing changes until you click redraft.

You didnt mention which pattern block you were using...it may be related to a specific pattern.

I just checked again using the fitted shirt, custom sleeve on mia and changes it to a bell, a kind of tulip short adjusting it abotu 6 different ways.....the pattern always changed..the Mia art doesnt change!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com
16 October 2005, 04:39 PM
<liverpool>
Hi Kaaren, I am sorry to bother you again, but I am still haveing a problem with the Custom Sleeve no matter which pattern I choose, Blouse, dress or Jacket.
I click the sleeve on Mia and click on Custom sleeve. this brings up the screen but still with the bell-like sleeve which I can tweek with the x's but cannot get a normal sleeve which is what I want to start changing. Hitting default will not get out of the Bell-like sleeve. I am using DSPro 6.13. Is there something I could be doing wrong. I have used this feature several times and it always worked.
I am so glad you are back and sorry to bother you again.
16 October 2005, 05:52 PM
Kaaren Hoback
Ah........ you can pull thsoe ndoes into a "normal sleeve" but the custom sleeve is quite simply a build froms cratch sleeve period..
want the top arrower pull in the bicep, heighten the cap adjust the elbow and or wrist.......

if what you want is a straight sleeve with a flared wrist start with a straight no dart sleeve and adjust hem circumfernece or widen bicep don't start from scratch.....

We made that sleeve LOOK different ON MIA as it really is a sleeve you are custom creating.narrower or wider at each of the allowable adjustment spots. BUT still never smaller than the arm hole it fits into.

watch what happens to the pattern on screen....

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com
16 October 2005, 10:31 PM
<liverpool>
Thank you again Kaaren, I will go back to the drawing board. Dorothy