Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Newsletter    March 2006 Newsletter
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

March 2006 Newsletter
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I had a heck of a time printing off the newsletter as I could NOT get it onto an A4 page. [I like to keep copies] In the end, I transferred it to a word document, on "landscape" and printed it. There HAS to be an easier way.

Marija Fickling
Windows xp
Cannon Pixma iP3000
Dress Shop Pro Fashion Designer 6.13
Fit Tool
Princess Designer
Essential Lingerie
Patterns 1013;1023
Men's Essential Collection
MPD

Posts: 13 | Location: Australia | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
I always have this problem with DS Newsletters. MPD Newsletter also.

Printing off pages from the web is always problematic - sometimes trying Landscape helps.

Why is is so difficult nowadays to print off anything that comes through IE or the net onto an A4 page? I'm always losing about 2" off the right hand side of page - if it prints at all. Some sites the print width will adjust to fit on an A4 page, other sites just chop off the right hand side and there is nothing you can do.

Also, with DS and MPD Newsletters, you have to keep going from one site to another to copy different bits of the Newsletter. Would be simpler if the whole things was together, complete, in one PDF file that could be opened and printed in portrait orientation.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also like the idea of a PDF format with articles intact. Many web sites have a view with headlines and first few paragraphs to tease the viewer AND a PDF file for printing. Is this possible?

Margot Julian
MPD Pro 2.5b
Pants Designer

Posts: 38 | Location: Eureka, California, USA | Registered: 12 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also like the idea of a PDF format with articles intact. Many web sites have a view with headlines and first few paragraphs to tease the viewer AND a PDF file for printing. Is this possible?

Yes. Every Livingsoft newsletter has a PDF version posted a few days after the email version is shipped. When PeggySue can get around to building it...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The PDF versions of both the MPD newsletter and the Livingsoft newsletters have now been posted.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Hi Bob I am trying to send you an email and report that the back shoulders are not drafting correctly. Could you email me at elyshe@cox.net so that I will have the correct email address to report problems?

Thanks

Barbara

Posts: 9 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Bob I am trying to send you an email and report that the back shoulders are not drafting correctly. Could you email me at elyshe@cox.net so that I will have the correct email address to report problems?

From Dress Shop, run the program. From the Help menu, select "Submit a Problem Report".

From MPD, run the program. From the Help menu, select "Problem Report".

They both send an email with whatever note you add. But, they automatically attach the saved pattern file (not the picture on your screen) of whatever pattern you are working with when you submit the report. So, all selections, settings, and adjustments that you have made are sent.

The Problem Report also sends a copy of the measurement set you are using. And, it sends your program version number and activations. So, I theoretically can duplicate what you have done and see what you are seeing. That works most of the time. The times it does not work include:

1. The problem is hardware related - usually printers.

2. You do or do not have a patch installed. The problem report does not show that.

3. You have a screen resolution issue. Contols off screen, for instance.

4. You have a corrupted install.

5. You sent the report while you were not looking at the problem. In that case, I may or may not get a relevant measurement set and saved pattern file.

Other than those cases, the problem report is pretty helpful to get the right answer the first time.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
A problem report form is within the program. With DS open and your internet providor running, go to Help, Submit a problem report.

Fill in the menu and click send.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have been busy lately and no time for sewing - so have just checked and I find that I, too, did not receive the MPD Newsletter. I have checked all the appropriate boxes and all seem to be in order? I also do not receive anything from DS??

Posts: 12 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a master bounce list with over 1000 email addresses on it now. Most are abandoned addresses that never got updated in our accounts. We cannot send email to such addresses or we will get black-listed as a spammer and none of our bulk emails will get delivered. So, bouncers are suppressed from future mailings.

If your newsletter is not getting delivered, that is probably why. There are many, many reasons that an email will bounce. Your mailbox may have been full (on vacation? don't read it every day? get lots of big attachments?). Or, your service provider may have been temporarily down. Various service providers routinely temporarily black-list each other when one has hosted a spammer and another objects.

There are many, many reasons that bulk emails may be bounced. We made a list of the bounce reasons that Livingsoft received from the March newsletter mailing. There were 424 bouncers in that emailing alone. And that was after we had already suppressed any that had bounced before.

You can view that list (see link just below) to see if any of the reasons shown might ever apply to your email box. If they do, then you might want to correct that problem so you can get your email delivered. We cannot make your emails not bounce. Only you can do that.

Here is the bounce list from March:

Email Bounce List

We will always post all announcements on the Livingsoft and MPD web sites. We will always post all announcements in the forums. We will always post the current and all past newsletters on the web sites as well. You should be able to find these notices if you choose to look. You should also be able to get your email delivered if you track down the reason and correct it.

An email offer is going out today that will let you get a free product when you purchase another. This one, though, includes the option to purchase a $49 product and get a $99 product as your freebie. If you do not get the email offer today (and you have indeed checked the boxes on your account page asking for such emails), then please look at the list of bounce reasons and see if you can find one that might apply.

This offer will be posted in the Livingsoft forum as well. We have created a new forum just for special offers. It should only ever have one post in it, the current offer (if there is one at that time). So, if you do not get the email, do check the forum and the same information should be there.

We hope this helps...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Have been busy lately and no time for sewing - so have just checked and I find that I, too, did not receive the MPD Newsletter. I have checked all the appropriate boxes and all seem to be in order? I also do not receive anything from DS??

Hello Jan,

Your email address is on the bounced email list. Please refer to this post for more information about the reasons your email address could have been put on that list and perhaps you can do something to avoid bounced emails in the future.

Email Bounce Discussion

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
Hi

After being bounced for no reason and resetting my account to receive notices several times, I have come to the conclusion that the only way to find out what is happening with DS and MPD is to be very proactive - read every single post received - then go to the forum website and check out everything you can find - go to both DS and MPD home pages and check out every link you can find - on a regular basis.

If you set things up so all posts are directed to your email box as they are posted then just read emails as you receive them, you will get some of the chatter - but still miss all announcements, newsletters, etc. Only way to keep up is to actively go searching all the remotest corners of all the websites and keep resetting your account.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
After being bounced for no reason and resetting my account to receive notices several times, I have come to the conclusion that the only way to find out what is happening with DS and MPD is to be very proactive - read every single post received - then go to the forum website and check out everything you can find - go to both DS and MPD home pages and check out every link you can find - on a regular basis.

The notice that we received from your service provider was this:

"Requested mail action not taken: mailbox unavailable"

What does that mean? I have no idea other than the email that we sent to you was refused by your service provider.

As to searching out the remotest corners of the web site for information, that should really not be necessary. Links to "What's New", "Notices", and the latest newsletter are all on the web site's home page. If there are new web pages to be seen, the "What's New" page will have direct links to them.

If you wish to search the entire web site, do feel free. But, please don't tell others that it is useful when it is not. That is not very helpful to others.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
I find it very odd that the only emails/newsletters that consistently bounce are from Livingsoft/LivingsoftNW/MPD. I have a huge mailbox, and receive many newsletters/email groups mailings at both my email address, but only Livingsoft/NW/MPD bounces.No, I have not received a newsletter in the past 3 months.

diane7570quilter@hotmail.com

Diane in Central Virginia
Computer Aided Threads
Livingsoft and Electric Quilt
Educator

Posts: 39 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diane, the last newsletter was from info@mypatterndesigner.com. Have you added that address to your address book, or wherever you need to add it to show it's not spam? Just an idea.

Another Diane

quote:
Originally posted by Diane in VA:
I find it very odd that the only emails/newsletters that consistently bounce are from Livingsoft/LivingsoftNW/MPD. (snip)

diane7570quilter@hotmail.com

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post