Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Newsletter    March 2006 Newsletter
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

March 2006 Newsletter
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all,

The Livingsoft newsletter was emailed today to everyone that has their Livingsoft newsletter check boxes checked (see Your Account page on the Livingsoft web site), less those that have bounced in the past. Bounces are when an email is returned as undeliverable or blocked by a spam filter. If we repeatedly trigger such bounces, then entire service providers will block our emails, making delivery to many other users impossible. So, when a single user triggers a bounce, we put their email address on the bounce list and do not email to them again. If your checkboxes are checked and you got no newsletter, that is probably the reason why.

I will try to get the bounce list posted somewhere so those of you wondering will know.

In the meantime, if you have not received the March 2006 Livingsoft newsletter, you can get it here:

March 2006 Livingsoft Newsletter

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob,
maybe this sort of notification will be beneficial as I rarely get email from livingsoftNW.
At least this way i know when something is posted & can go look for myself.
Thank you for the notification.
Tris

DS9, plus extras

Posts: 28 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No newsletter; nothing in my spam folder; all boxes checked in my MPD account.

Will you please post a .pdf link so we can print from the on-line version.

Thanks,

Marj

Marj in Southeastern PA
DS Pro everything
MPD Pro current

Posts: 220 | Location: zipcode: 19087 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Again I didn't get the newsletter.
All the boxes are checked in my account page, for Ds and MPD.
They didn't go into my spam folder.
If you can't be bothered to send me the newsletters and sale notifications, I can't be bother to buy any more of your products, cause I won't know about them.

Kat >^..^<
My Pattern Designer Pro 1.09, DS Pro & Doll Shop Deluxe Fashion Designer Suite v7.02, Doll Shop Deluxe, FD1, FD2, Activewear II, Spring & Summer 2005, Men's Essential, DS Fit Tool, DS Princess Designer, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants, Add-ons 1-14, All pattern sets through 1046, plus 1050, Hat Shop 1.1, Home Dec Sampler 1.02, Win XP Home, HP C5180, IE 7.

Posts: 15 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neither did I receive the DS newsletter. I didn't receive the MPD newsletter earlier either. They were not in my spam folder. In my DS account, the boxes were checked. In my MPD account, the boxes were again unchecked. I have had to recheck them several times. FWIW.

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem with sending out email notifications seems to be chronic and apparently unsolvable. When I did not receive my mpd newsletter, I sent an email and received a reply that the appropriate boxes weren't checked, so they checked them for me and things would be ok now. I thought that I must be losing it, because before sending the email I had gone and made sure the boxes were checked and they were.

So this time, again, I went and checked my account and ds and mpd. Yup, those boxes are still checked, for sure. And no, I didn't get the newsletter. I checked my spam folder. Not there. I checked my mailwasher account, and info@livingsoftnw is in the 'friends' folder.

I don't have a problem going and getting the newsletter online when a notice is posted here - but once again I would like to point out that if I'm not notified of sales and specials, you will be losing out on a sale. And it sounds like there are a few of us in that boat.

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't recieve one either. I checked my notifications and they are on. I checked my spam filter and nothing there.

Sandy in Southern Oregon

Posts: 22 | Location: Medford, Or | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Sew Kat, We do want to send you the newsletters and we are working diligently to find out WHY some people are not getting them when we send them.

Some things we can control- our mailing list.

Some things we cant control- other isp's spam folders, firewalls, whatever it is that is hanging these up.

If we get a bounce we are supposed to remove the name. If your isp bounced back months ago for any reason the name gets removed from our list as a hold.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't recieve one either. I checked my notifications and they are on. I checked my spam filter and nothing there.

We have found several reasons why some people did not receive the latest Livingsoft newsletter. More on that in the next post. But, at least one of the reasons appears to be simple mis-understanding about how one signs up for these and where the relevant check boxes are. We are talking here about the Livingsoft newsletter. It comes from Livingsoft Northwest, not from MPD and not from Groupee. Those are separate companies, with separate email sign-ups.

I checked your Livingsoft account and your check boxes there are not checked to receive emails from Livingsoft. Your MPD newsletter checkboxes are checked. Your Livingsoft newsletter check boxes are not.

To see your Livingsoft notifications, you go to www.LivingsoftNW.com, click on "Your Account", login, then check account details. Scroll down to the checkboxes at the bottom. If they are not checked, you will not get a Livingsoft newsletter.

There is a separate sign up for MPD and yet another for Groupee. Being signed up for any one of those does not sign you up for the others.

There are other reasons that newsletters did not get delivered. See next post....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Sorry to be adding a "me too", but I didn't receive the mpd or ds newsletter either.

Last October, after not receiving any correspondence through email about general announcements, special offers or even a newsletter for over a year, I discovered my email address was on the hold list because of a bounced email. I had my name cleared from the that bounce list. I then received a requested email regarding a special offer, made an order and didn't receive anything else until MPD tool was announced.

Last month I received an email on 4 Feb from info@LivingSoftNW regarding a last chance to order several tools in Dress Shop and then on 10 Feb and 27 Feb received email from info@MyPatternDesigner --and yet, no newsletter has arrived.

All LSNW and MPD addresses are on my safelist. Nothing is in my Spam folder. The boxes on my account on both Dress Shop and MPD sites are checked to receive info.

I have not received any snail mail announcements since last October. Apparently, I was put on the snail mail list at some point earlier in the year when an email bounced. I was then taken off the snail mail list when my name was cleared from the bounce list. whew!!!

As you can see, I am receiving some correspondence but obviously, not all. Do you maintain separate bounced lists for DS, MPD and each of the newsletters?

Hope this messages doesn't muddy the waters, I just wanted to let you know the correspondence is hit and miss.

Denise

Posts: 5 | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is true of me too. What puzzles me is that I DO seem to generally receive special offers and those type of "for sale" notifications, but the newsletters are not coming through. Appropriate boxes are checked, etc. If this problem persists, perhaps the discussion list needs to be notified when anything has been group-emailed so those not getting the emails have a link of where they can look, as was done recently with the newsletter. Of course, only those who utilize the Discussion List will see the notifications which means there are still probably a lot of people who will never know what's new or available or updated, etc. JMHO

Linda in WV

"I just wanted to let you know the correspondence is hit and miss."
Denise

Posts: 86 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is true of me too. What puzzles me is that I DO seem to generally receive special offers and those type of "for sale" notifications, but the newsletters are not coming through. Appropriate boxes are checked, etc. If this problem persists, perhaps the discussion list needs to be notified when anything has been group-emailed so those not getting the emails have a link of where they can look, as was done recently with the newsletter. Of course, only those who utilize the Discussion List will see the notifications which means there are still probably a lot of people who will never know what's new or available or updated, etc. JMHO

We do post to the discussion list when newsletters are sent.

The major difference between a newsletter and an email offer is that the newsletter has both more graphics and more links in it. Those are the specific triggers for many spam filters. Perhaps not the one at your email box, but one further upstream, at the email service provider. If they bounce your email before it gets to your own spam filter, then you will not know about it and we only know it bounced.

We could try text only newsletters and see if those work better. Perhaps have that as a choice on the web site or perhaps send the text only version when we get a bounce notice. I'll check into doing that....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob, That was my problem. I didn't realize there were 3 places you had to check.

Posts: 22 | Location: Medford, Or | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be nice if we knew our email was being bounced and could do something about it. Perhaps a list somewhere so we can periodically check and see if our mail bounced. Then we could track down from our ISP why. Then it would be nice for us to have a way to say "try again".

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps since a general list of email bounces isn't allowed a note could be placed on our account page to let us know the email is bouncing. I haven't gotten a newsletter for a very long time and it would be nice to know if it is because my email bounced for some reason.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post