Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Newsletter    My Pattern Designer vs. DS9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Pattern Designer vs. DS9
 Login/Join

posted
I just upgraded from DS5 to D9. Am wondering if the information at My Pattern Designer is applicable to DS9. Are these more or less the same program?

Posts: 15 | Registered: 04 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While the drafting code to create the pattern drafts based on your numbers are similar, the manner in which you collect patterns and create them is different.
DS allows you to load custom charts, then load named patterns and create from those named patterns using the options/tools menus from a variety of menus such as fit levels, dart tools, necklines, sleeve types and lengths, closure types, shaping etc. You can buy patterns in collections in addition to what comes with the program as default patterns.

MPD also has default patterns that come with the program, and custom charts and everything in DS but it also has a catalog with drop down menus that allow you to select every design element starting with the garment class and picking necklines, sleeve types, fit levels, etc. Using the various designer tools and options you can then adjust each of those selections. You can purchase one pattern at a time, a group of pick your own free selection patterns, or collections. All new collections and tools are created in MPD.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kaaren for your detailed response. Since I last used DS5 much has changed including my figure. Where should I go to understand better how DS9 works?

Posts: 15 | Registered: 04 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have a number of options. First the user Manual found under Help
2nd the Club and class pages. I give a class every Sunday at 1PM Pacific US Time

3rd the BBS - right here from other users

4th and probably most important Open every menu on the tool bar, check all the options and tools. I keep a little notebook handy when learning a new program and take notes so I don't have to invent the wheel again every time I forget about something.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post