Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Newsletter    Newsletter Delivery
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newsletter Delivery
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I did not get the newsletter in my email either even though I do have it checked in my account to get it.
Do you really mean that if you update to MPD Pro 2 that you get the Swimsuit Collection free? I have had MPD Pro 2 for a long time and do not have the Swimsuit Collection even after I just updated my info. again I did get the 3 free patterns.

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two things
one: you need to allow us to include you on our mailing list
two: you must have our address in your book so your isp doesnt confuse us with spam and toss your newsletter into your spam filter.

Please go to the home page for MyPatternDesigner.com
sign into your account with your registered email address and password.

You must allow for newsletters and emails from us. Please check the boxes. If you said no at any time- or if your email failed delivery and was sent to your spam folder you get removed from our active list.

So also please add our address to your adress book
info1@mypatterndesigner.com

regards,
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My apologies. I found the swimsuits in the MPD Pro 2 folder. I also had a different address in my address book for info for MPD. I guess this is changed frequently.

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, when I was looking for the swimsuit patterns, I would go to the Catalog and pull them up from there. In this part of the program it says that I do not own the patterns. But, if you go the MPD Pro 2 file and pull up the swimsuits, they say that they are owned. That is what confused me.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
MPD2 Pro includes 5 swimsuit patterns. The offer, associated with upgrading to MPD2 Pro, is a copy of the Women's Unlimited Swimsuit Collection, which includes all of the swimsuits in the Catalog menu.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did not get the newsletter in my email either even though I do have it checked in my account to get it.

You have newsletters checked in your Livingsoft account, but not in your MPD account. The latest newsletter was an MPD newsletter and you do not have that checked.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you really mean that if you update to MPD Pro 2 that you get the Swimsuit Collection free? I have had MPD Pro 2 for a long time and do not have the Swimsuit Collection even after I just updated my info.

When you get a coupon that offers some discount when you purchase, they generally do not apply to purchases that you made in prior years. That is the case with this offer. The offer is for those that have not upgrade to MPD2 Pro. If you upgraded before, then this offer is not for you. That is why we change the offers so there is always something coming along for different customers...

posted Hide Post
Try again. I have been signed up to receive all newsletters forever, and they are not in my spam folder. I still don't have newsletter delivery--for MPD or DS.

Diane in Central Virginia
Computer Aided Threads
Livingsoft and Electric Quilt
Educator

Posts: 39 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure if you are writing to me or to the other lady.
I went back into my MPD software and went to the web under Help. There I was placed in the login and registration area and I had to login. No problem logging in. At the top of the page, it says MPD, not Livingsoft. At the bottom of this page are about 4 places to check. The newletter box was still checked just like it was before.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went back into my MPD software and went to the web under Help. There I was placed in the login and registration area and I had to login. No problem logging in. At the top of the page, it says MPD, not Livingsoft. At the bottom of this page are about 4 places to check. The newletter box was still checked just like it was before.

Sorry, but I have no idea where you are looking. The MPD account page has 2 email options, not 4.

I activated MPD with your account information and went to the MPD web site using the Help - Web Site link. It did not ask me to login. I clicked on "My Account". That asked for login. I entered your email address and password and saw a page with your activation codes on it. From there, I clicked on "Change Account Details". That page has your address and phone and emailing preferences. There are 2 options, not 4 and they are both unchecked. It is those check boxes that will determine if emails are sent to you, not any others.

And, if emails are sent to you and not received, there is nothing we can do about that. We use a bulk emailing program that sends out hundreds to thousands at a time. Most are delivered. The ones that are not are being blocked somewhere. We do not block our own emails, nor can we control others that might block them for you. You could check with your Internet Service provider, your email service provider, or the settings in your email program. If you cannot figure it out, then you will have to read newsletters online.

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try again. I have been signed up to receive all newsletters forever, and they are not in my spam folder. I still don't have newsletter delivery--for MPD or DS.

I logged in with your account information and the email check boxes are NOT checked. You will not get any emails sent from MPD. Your Dress Shop check boxes are checked. But, Dress Shop has not had a newsletter in quite some time.

I can guess at 3 causes of the boxes not being checked when you thought they should be:

1. You confused DS with MPD, checked one and assumed that the other would be checked as well. They are separate and independant and we do not auto-check any email delivery requests for anyone. That would make us a spammer and major email services would then block us.

2. You checked it at one time, but we made several email attempts that resulted in bounce notices. Emails can bounce for many reasons (mailbox is over-full, for instance). If we get multiple bounce notices, though, we are supposed to stop emailing to that address. Again, that is one of the rules to avoid being treated as a spammer. Spammers routinenly email to any email address they have, whether it is valid or not. So, email services count bounces when we bulk email. If there are too many, they block us. So, when we get several bounce notices, we turn off that account.

There is no other reason we would ever turn off a request to get email. We want you to get our emails. That's why we give away free stuff in our emails, so you will want to get them, too. But, if you cannot receive them, then there is nothing we can do and complaining about it here is not going to help you.

posted Hide Post
Something is very odd with the settings then--because whenever I sign in at DS or MPD, the boxes are checked for me to receive the newsletters.

Computer Aided Threads
Educator

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Diane in VA:
Something is very odd with the settings then--because whenever I sign in at DS or MPD, the boxes are checked for me to receive the newsletters.
second comment: I may have discovered the problem--the first page that comes up has a place on top to register and sign in for registered users, and one on the bottom for new users. There are 4 check boxes at the bottom of that page. It looks like those check boxes should apply to both old or new users--it appears they only apply to newly registered users.

Computer Aided Threads
Educator

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
second comment: I may have discovered the problem--the first page that comes up has a place on top to register and sign in for registered users, and one on the bottom for new users. There are 4 check boxes at the bottom of that page. It looks like those check boxes should apply to both old or new users--it appears they only apply to newly registered users.

The New User sign in page has 4 check boxes. Whether or not those are checked means nothing. That is not you. Once you sign in, you will see your account information. If your name and address are on the page, then the check boxes below there are YOUR checkboxes. In MPD, yours are NOT checked.

Just because a new user defaults to checked does not mean that you will get the newsletter if you have subsequently unchecked the boxes, whether or not you remember doing it.

I'm really sorry you find this so confusing. I had no idea that the default state of the new user check boxes would be presumed to mean anything. It is your account information that is relevant.

posted Hide Post
It's happening again. I received the email DS and MPD notices about the upgrades to DS 8 and MPD 2.5. I was poking around on the Livingsoft NW site today and saw the announcement about the DS 8 update and Doll Shop--which I had not received by email. So I checked my account details for both DS and MPD--and once again, the request to receive announcemants and newsletters had been unchecked. Something weird is happening at the website that manages to uncheck these requests. Can you all figure it out at the source?
PS--thanks, I can now make an A-Line princess coat in DS 8.

Computer Aided Threads
Educator