Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Test garment
 Login/Join

posted
I made the test pant garment and am wondering what I need to do to make the crotch a little longer. Also, the legs are huge. In the help file it shows the model with the legs being tight. What do I do to make the legs tight?

Edie
MPD Pro, DS6

Posts: 11 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Test pants are only to proof your measurement with the crotch area,sort of like the sloper style.Use the Help section listed there with the measurements for adjusting,theres a great explanation there too.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I made the test pant garment and am wondering what I need to do to make the crotch a little longer. Also, the legs are huge. In the help file it shows the model with the legs being tight. What do I do to make the legs tight?

For those of you that read this board often, forgive the repetition. But, I think this message needs to be repeated every month.

Both Dress Shop and MPD draft to your measurements. There is no standard pants design. There is only your pants design. And mine. And the next person's.

If your pants design does not look like what you expect, then the only way anyone can help you is by looking at the measurements you used. And, the easiest way to do that is to send in a problem report (see the Help menu of your program).

A problem report automatically includes 4 very import things that can help us (or anyone we forward the report to, such as an educator) to help you. Those are:

1. Your current product version number and system settings (printer margins, paper size, seam allowance choices, etc.)

2. What product activation codes you have used so we can tell which program features you do or do not have.

3. The pattern you are drafting when the report is sent. It does not attach the screen image. It does attach your menu and tool option choices. Which type of pattern. Which neckline. Which sleeve. How much skirt flare. Any entry box in the program that you have changed.

4. Your measurements.

With this information, we (or an educator of your choice) can quickly duplicate what you have drafted and can then possibly explain why it is wrong (thigh measurement is too large, for instance). Or, they may need to explain why it is normal for Dress Shop or MPD but dissimilar to other patterns you may be familiar with.

If you cannot duplicate a problem you see using standard measurements, then a problem report is likely to be required to answer the question:

"Why does it draft that way for me?"

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where you see the "size". then fit garments you will also see "help" there is an attached article to assist you , please read all the associated help articles.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a thought - Bob's info is helpful, and sometimes it's hard for newcomers to figure out how to get help with ds. It can be overwhelming. But it's unlikely his message will reach a lot of people buried as it is in the "newsletter" topic. Maybe a "helpful tips" or a "how to get help" topic in the top section of this discussion board might be an idea?

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post