Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Newsletter    Livingsoft Newsletters not getting delivered
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Livingsoft Newsletters not getting delivered
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted
Hi all,

For those of you concerned that you did not receive the most recent Livingsoft Northwest newsletter, we have some info. Not final answers, but some.

1. Several groups of customers expecting to get this newsletter were suppressed for mistaken reasons. Both membership owners and MPD owners were suppressed, for instance, because they had all recently received newsletters from Livingsoft on related topics. Of course, those did not include the articles in this newsletter, so those should not have been suppressed. Those will all be re-emailed today. I hope.

2. There were 1434 email addresses in our account database that were marked as bouncers in prior emailings. Most of these are abandoned email addresses that have been replaced by another and the old one is still in our files as a copy. Others, though, bounced for other reasons that may or may not still be valid. In either case, if we email repeatedly to bouncers, we will get black-listed and none of our emails will go through. So, when an email address bounces, we put it on the bounce list and do not email to it again. Some bounces occur for reasons that have been corrected. But, those names are still on the list. We will purge that list again and build it afresh. Hopefully the ones that bounced long ago that are wanted now will go through. We shall see.

3. Of the newsletters that were emailed this month, over 400 of those bounced. These could be individual spam filters. Or, they can be the systemic spam filters of your email service provider. Or, it could be that your email address has been changed and the new address is not in our files. In any of those cases, we cannot deliver and there is nothing we can do about that.

I was going to post the list of bouncers so those of you with that problem can do something about it from your end. I have been told that we cannot post such a list, that posting email addresses in a public forum or web page is not proper or acceptable. Duh. Of course.

I'm going to see if we can find some way to untangle which bouncers are bad email addresses and which are not. It is thousands of addresses and it is rather difficult to tell at a glance whether any of them are good or not. If we can find some way to tell, we will correct those and remail.

If you have not received a Livingsoft newsletter this month, do not get one today, and do not get one by middle of next week, then either your email address on file is wrong or your service provider is blocking our emails. You can correct the former, probably not the latter.

PeggySue is building a spreadsheet of those that bounced this time. I'll see if we can do a direct email notification to those on that list, since we cannot post it.

We'll do whatever we can to get the emails through. But, so much of it is out of our hands that we probably cannot resolve them all...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,

Well, it's working for me -- doubly well, in fact. I received two newsletters today, both with exactly the same "received" time. It's the first time I've received anything in a while, and I reckon two is better than none. Wink But if there's something I need to do to just get one sent, I'm happy to oblige. Mostly, I just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks.

Posts: 49 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, it's working for me -- doubly well, in fact. I received two newsletters today, both with exactly the same "received" time. It's the first time I've received anything in a while, and I reckon two is better than none. But if there's something I need to do to just get one sent, I'm happy to oblige. Mostly, I just thought I'd let you know.

You have 2 records in the customer database. We'll get one deleted.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post