Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Custom Pattern Software User Groups  Hop To Forums  Washington State    Successful Workshop & Next meeting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Successful Workshop & Next meeting
 Login/Join

posted
Subject: Successful Washington State Dress Shop User’s Workshop

The workshop was held Sept 31 to Oct 2nd near Chehalis, WA. We had 11 people in attendance, and learned all about using Dress Shop 6. It was great and even the instructors learned a lot. Alice taught “How Does it all Work?” and comments like: “The lights bulbs are going on” were heard. Alice used drawings on the overhead, and handouts, as well as displaying aspects of the discussion with the DS program itself on Kay’s marvelous 19” monitor. Diane presented a summary of Pants Fit and Crotch Tool with handouts. The large computer monitor was also used to display how to maneuver around DS 6 to find all the helps and instructions lurking there to help us get the best fit ever on our pants. Then Kay presented a comprehensive review of the DS tools, with wonderful handouts to help us remember. And that was just Saturday! On Sunday before brunch, we had talks on Yokes and Overlays, and after we ate, four of the instructors including Kathy Warner, showed how to make various garment designs using just one basic pattern. What an eye opener.

Of course, there were the usual, “Oh my gosh, I forgot my nightgown” and “where did I put the deodorant”, and “ The cells phones don’t work out here, now what do I do?” (there was a land phone and we shared phone cards, so there really was no problem) . We even spotted deer in the orchard outside our building. But over all there was a great feeling of camaraderie, with many comments as we were leaving that “I’d do this again, wouldn’t you? “ I strongly suspect there will be another one of these workshops next year. Oh yes, don’t forget the fabric swap…mostly courtesy of Kay, so everyone went home with extra fabric!

Now we will concentrate on tweaking the slopers that need it at our next Washington State User’s group meeting, Oct. 15, 10am to 2pm (or as long as it takes) in Tukwila, WA. (Near Southcenter shopping mall). Contact Diane for more info:
Diane email: ernieanddiane@comcast.net phone (425) 747 7408.

Posts: 39 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post