Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Download 9_8/update
 Login/Join

posted
I have an older model of 7.05 Dress Shop and have tired to upgrade to the 9_8 program. However, Everytime I download,it deletes the 9_08 the program files, when I turn the computer off. This is on windows Vista. It has been suggested that the windows program has a problem. However, I have not had this problem with any other program. Am I the only windows operator having this trouble?
Model #: s3707c
Product #: FQ578AA-ABA
Serial #: MXU9110JSF
Software Build #: 91NAv6PrA1
Service ID #: 033-109
PCBRAND: Hewlett-Packard Pavilion

Microsoft Windows Vista, Home Premium Edition (64 bit)
Service Pack 2, Build 6002

This is the computer I am using. HELP!!!!!

Jackie the ripper

Posts: 1 | Registered: 20 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hi Jackie
I use Win 7 on my main PC but still have the back up compouter I use for support questions and it is Vista. DS 9.0x all seem to work.

So If I can suggest a few tips.

1. Run one or MORE registry cleaners.

2 always have DS closed when you upgrade/or update

3 Turn off firewalls and anti virus programs
4 on Vista before upgradeing make sure you go to start, find Dress Shop RIGHT click on the icon then select run as administrator.

5 Now take the download, install wait sufficient time for the install version to create a folder in Documents labeled Dress Shop and install some files there do NOT close the install until you see the word Finished.

6. After installing open DS Go to File Retrieve my codes - wait till tis done it has to connect to thr web store locate your account grab your codes and install them in that new folder it made.

7 Return to File then settings select all your setting

8 one more return to File to double check yoru page set up.

Bob may have a lot more to offer than I do.

Good Luck,

Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have an older model of 7.05 Dress Shop and have tired to upgrade to the 9_8 program. However, Everytime I download,it deletes the 9_08 the program files, when I turn the computer off. This is on windows Vista. It has been suggested that the windows program has a problem. However, I have not had this problem with any other program. Am I the only windows operator having this trouble?

I was not intending to respond to this one as Kaaren posted a generic guide to how one handles installation problems.

However, I should point out that the report from this customer that came to me earlier stated the the desktop shortcut icon wsa being removed when she re-booted. That is considerably different from suggesting that all of the program files were removed.

Neither Livingsoft nor anyone on this forum can possibly provide any meaningful guidance or suggestions to you if we do not know what is happening. If you cannot tell the difference between a shortcut icon and a program, then you should get someone else to help you with the problem first and advise you about what is happening. These are very different problems.

If your issue is that he desktop shortcut is being deleted when you reboot, then you will need Windows help, not Dress Shop help.

And, as to your suggestion that your computer or Windows is deleting the entire Dress Shop program when you reboot - I have never heard anything like that reported by anyone is 15 years of providing software support help. But, if that is happening, then again, you need help with Windows, not Dress Shop. Dress Shop cannot delete files and is not running when you reboot. This is an issue with Windows and whatever the defect there is, you will get better help from someone that supports Windows. From a Dress Shop forum, you will get guesses at best.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post