Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    I don'rt see my previous post
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don'rt see my previous post
 Login/Join

posted
about the difference between comfort knit shirt and comfort shirt. Maybe I did something wrong! Or maybe it takes a while for a post to show up! I'm looking and looking because the linen I want to make the blouse out of is on sale. Smiler

Posts: 38 | Registered: 09 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a quick note so you'd know that your first post did show up, about an hour prior to this one.

I'll respond to the question of "is 'Comfort Shirt' the same as 'Comfort Shell'?" soon.

Posts: 47 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 11 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I can't find my other post about the difference between the comfort shirt and the comfort knit shirt, since the measurements seem to be identical and the comfort shirt has the label comfort knit shirt under the manikin.

posted Hide Post
While you are waiting on Anna to answer, you know you can print out your pattern in 1/4 scale and compare???

Even so while you are designing you can take the closest pattern & use your fabric calculator to work out how much you need for that linen (with some shrinkage allowance) & order if you haven't already???

Helen M
Sth Australia
DS9 Pro
Ultimate Outerwear,
Ultimate Pants.
Add Ons 1 - 14,
Pattern Sets 1044,1046, 1049,1050. & other.
Autumn 2009
Ultimate Lingerie & Loungewear '23

Windows 11 x64 Pro
Canon IX6860

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ps. I think you can even go lower than 1/4 scale.

I have a pad of A4 tracing that I can print on. one pattern in B&W, the other colour.

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Helen,

Thank you very much for your reply! I will try printing them out at 1/4 scale and see if I can imagine the difference in 'look' (that is, the appearance of the completed garment) from any difference in shape of the pattern. I just thought there might be an obvious answer regarding the look of 'shell' vs the look of 'shirt.' I am trying to copy a loose fitting scoop neck blouse with a little pleating in the center of the neckline.

You might visit Fabrics-store.com to see their lovely linens. They do ship from Los Angeles to Australia, I see things posted there from Australia. The cost might be completely prohibitive, of course. But one can still get ideas from the work posted, and download the patterns.

Thank you for your kind response.

Janet

posted Hide Post
PS, Helen, here is the blouse I am trying to copy and so asking about difference between shell and shirt:

posted Hide Post
Never mind, that didn't work, error message said 'not secure.' Sorry.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Carolyn addressed your question at length in the other post. Click here if you want to check that out.

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post