Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    My Pattern Designer owner
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Pattern Designer owner
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Debbie. That would be very useful for MPD users.

--
Anna

Posts: 108 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Debbie,

Thank you for the link! I was able to download the file and install it successfully on my laptop. However, it would not accept my activation codes, telling me that it is not a recognizable "My Pattern Designer" code, even though I copied one of the codes from the cfg file (I have 28). Did your codes work?

Having heard that support would be available, I tried to send a problem report from the MPD that is working on my pc. That doesn't work, because the website is down. Is there any other way of getting support?

Thanks

Carolyn Brown

Carolyn Brown
DS Educator
MPD Pro
DS Pro

Posts: 234 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carolyn,

I only had the one cfg file in my pattern designer documents file. I copied that file and put it in the same document file on my son's laptop and all the patterns I owned (all the women's patterns and a few others) were activated (green). The first time I tried I put it in the MPD program files folder. That doesn't work. It goes in the same document file where MyPatterns and MyMeasurments are kept. I didn't open the file and remove any codes I copied the entire file to the other computer. Hope that helps.

The file name in your document file is named MPDA.

Debbie O'Connor
MPD 4 Pro
DS Pro 9

Posts: 38 | Location: Richmond Missouri | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That thought occurred to me last night, but it was late, so I didn't try it. I did copy the file this morning, but it still isn't working.

I also copied my measurement files. At first MPD couldn't find them. I discovered that MPD was looking for them on one drive (I don't know why). I corrected that and can n now see my measurements.

Perhaps that is where the program is looking for my cfg file, but I haven't figured out yet how to correct that. Unfortunately my time for this is limited right now. Maybe I should uninstall it, then try it while not on the internet, so Microsoft can't force me to use one drive.

Thanks for your help!

Carolyn

Carolyn Brown
DS Educator
MPD Pro
DS Pro

posted Hide Post
The pathway to the place I put that file is: This PC/documents/My Pattern designer. Then I closed that file and started MPD. This is the same place that I put my measurements and my patterns. Good Luck.

Debbie O'Connor
MPD 4 Pro
DS 9 Pro

Posts: 38 | Location: Richmond Missouri | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Debbie,

I can get my measurements and my patterns, but the activations still don't work. I have uninstalled and re-installed MPD* without the internet, and I have even put everything on onedrive as well as on my pc. (I hate the way Microsoft tries to control everything!)

I appreciate your help, Debbie. I'm not usually technology-challenged, but this one has me stumped. I'm going on vacation tomorrow, so this will have to wait until I get back.

Carolyn

Carolyn Brown
DS Educator
MPD Pro
DS Pro

posted Hide Post
Hello all - I just installed mpd on a new computer for my wife, and discovered the site is down - fortunately, I was able to get my patterns back, and thought I would share the method with you if anyone is concerned that they have now lost their investment.

In the "documents" directory, there is a directory called "my pattern designer". (If you run a backup program, it should be backed up with your other documents) - Copy the entire directory to a flash drive. After installing MPD on the new system, copy the directory to your "my documents" folder, and allow it to overwrite the files that are in it. Be sure to keep the backup for future installations! While new patterns are unavailable, at least the money already spent is recoverable. :-)The ".cfg" file is the important one, but just let it overwrite, and you should be taking all your measurements, etc. with you at the same time.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 22 July 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DebbieO:
Ladies, I was searching around the internet for alternate download sights for MPD and I found one. Not wanting to mess up my computer I dug out my son's old college laptop and used it to download and save the mpd4_00b master.exe. By clicking save and not run, like I usual do, I have the master on my computer and I also saved that file to an external hard drive and used it to put the program on my husband's laptop. And best of all it worked. I found the .cfg file on my computer and placed it in the Mypatterndesigner file in documents on the other computer and all my patterns were activated! The sight for the download is: downloads.informer.com/my-pattern-designer-download-master/download/ It worked for me, hope this is helpful for you. And I had my anti-virus running during the download, no problems.

Debbie O'Connor
MPD Pro
DS Pro

Thank you so much for this info Debbie. I had to get a new laptop last week and then discovered yesterday that the site was gone Frowner. My IT husband was glad that I had looked for info on how to get this back. The install went great and my MPD is up and running. Thanks again.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 22 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Debbie K, you are very welcome. I was so happy that I found that website since I didn't have a saved copy of the master file. Now I have both the master and the cfg file saved on an external hard drive for the next time my computers decided to die. Happy sewing!

Debbie O'Connor
MPD PRO
DS pro

posted Hide Post
Thanks so much, Debbie O! Your instructions worked for me as well. I'm back to having MPD as well as Dress Shop.

And, Anna, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with Dress Shop. I'm happy you decided to take over the program!

Rhee

Posts: 19 | Location: Bellevue, WA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post