Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do I get?
 Login/Join

posted
I am planning to purchase either Dress shop deluxe or pro and have downloaded the demo but I am confused as to which patterns I will actually get with the dofferent packages. Are all the patterns I can see included in the Deluxe or are some only in the Pro, or indeed are some only in the additional packages. I am totally puzzled as to the different options. Also do I get a shawl or wrap collar in the Pro?
Finally if I want lots of options of collar for jackets do I need to purchase the men's collection and if so could those collar options be applied to a women'sjacket pattern?
Are there jeans patterns included in the pro or Deluxe or are they only in the jeans package?

I look forward to some clarification so that I can place the correct order. Thanks so much current users - other than these questions it looks like a great package!

Posts: 2 | Location: England | Registered: 13 November 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the pro version for years, & get a little confused as packages & way the options have been sold have changed.
Did you look through the pattern options by clicking on the Red Wardrobe Option>>
http://livingsoftnw.com/DS2012/PatternsIncluded.htm

If I remember you get quite a few options of basic collar with shirts & blouses & again from memory I think if you click on options you are interested in the software will tell you what package it is available with. (Assuming you have downloaded the Program & installed it already).
http://livingsoftnw.com/DownloadsNew.htm

Without the special Pro tools You can still adjust ease & length. I do notice that basic Jeans are only covered if you have pro, or buy separate pants collection.
http://livingsoftnw.com/Store.htm

Yes, I think you will find collar options on most items including jackets. If push comes to shove I can probably load the program onto laptop as a demo & play with it later if you cannot get further clarification.

When installing the program feel free to check it with anti-virus after downloading. Then we were asked to turn off of shut down scanning of anti-virus during installation, as well as running as administrator - this was to circumvent problems occurring in the last couple of MS Windows builds.
Hope I have answered your questions.

Helen M
Sth Australia
DS9 Pro
Ultimate Outerwear,
Ultimate Pants.
Add Ons 1 - 14,
Pattern Sets 1044,1046, 1049,1050. & other.
Autumn 2009
Ultimate Lingerie & Loungewear '23

Windows 11 x64 Pro
Canon IX6860

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions. Now I have downloaded the package I am a lot clearer about what I get. The only question that I still cannot find a solution to is can I make patterns for jackets with notched lapel collars as I cannot find any. I can see the sort of collars I want in the male jacket patterns but cannot see how to make jackets with suit lapels in the female patterns. Can anyone tell me if it is possible ?

so appreciate your help with this

Posts: 2 | Location: England | Registered: 13 November 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marion,when you select outerwear, open, you can choose the style of jacket you want. Example: fitted blazer. It defaults to "low lapel" which is a notched collar.

Hope this helps,

Joan in CA

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to Joan's comment - Don't forget that all patterns are drafted to the measurments, so the mens patterns can be used for women, or as an option if you have them you can use DS patterns with correct fit to check against commercial patterns.

Another way of doing is to blend parts of patterns together if the body is correct, but you don't like the neckline & don't have the actual design you can draft the closest then add adjustments. ie you could choose a different jacket design, then print the neckline & collar of the fitted blazer & blend at that point, smoothing the lines.

I have had patterns in the past where the women's version has not drafted properly or been removed, but the mens is still there so I have used that instead.

Hope I am making sense.
I also cannot remember if you can print out the test fit slopers in the demo version

http://livingsoftnw.groupee.ne...Type=1&search=Search

Helen M
Sth Australia
DS9 Pro
Ultimate Outerwear,
Ultimate Pants.
Add Ons 1 - 14,
Pattern Sets 1044,1046, 1049,1050. & other.
Autumn 2009
Ultimate Lingerie & Loungewear '23

Windows 11 x64 Pro
Canon IX6860

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post