Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Chicago, Help with Measurements
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago, Help with Measurements
 Login/Join

posted
Hello. Is there any Dress Shop user within a day's driving distance of the Chicago area who could help me get a set of good working measurements?

I have used Dress Shop for many years, and had a decent set of measurements, but my old Dell crashed and I lost the files. Since then, although I have paid two seamstresses, neither would observe the protocols required and several critical measurements were off and I could not use those measurements. (I tried to get them to read the marking instructions with me, but they insisted they had done dressmaking for years and it wasn't needed, and a heart attack and stroke made me insufficiently forceful to resist!)

I have tried to use the standard sizes and just plug in some critical numbers like bust and hip, but that's not working very well for me. I never learned to modify paper patterns, either, so sewing, my best fun, is failing me now, just when I've gotten better at it and have discovered good fabric sources!

Thank you,
Janet

Posts: 38 | Registered: 09 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post